Honey Creaming machines

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know someone selling a 50l creamer but it isn't heated. Used twice.

As far as i am aware the Konigin creamer is water heated therefore needs to be topped up regularly during the process. The Abelo model is electric just turn on and go!

I've have a 50L Lyson premium that I bought early 2017, its very rarely turned off and up to now, totally reliable with no breakdowns, works well and does the job, we now have two just in case one breaks and can't keep up with demand.
I've tried a bigger machine and found I get a better set with the smaller tank than a 100L, another reason we went for having two.
Can not fault Damien whatsoever on his backup, he repaired our sump two weeks ago forty four meters of heating cable, the bigger model has around seventy!!!!!.
I really like the Lyson equipment as its good VFM, buti would advise sticking to the premium range, the metal is just a bit thicker.

I've have a 50L Lyson premium that I bought early 2017, its very rarely turned off and up to now, totally reliable with no breakdowns, works well and does the job, we now have two just in case one breaks and can't keep up with demand.
I've tried a bigger machine and found I get a better set with the smaller tank than a 100L, another reason we went for having two.
Can not fault Damien whatsoever on his backup, he repaired our sump two weeks ago forty four meters of heating cable, the bigger model has around seventy!!!!!.
I really like the Lyson equipment as its good VFM, buti would advise sticking to the premium range, the metal is just a bit thicker.
Thank you. Some good advice and a vote for Lyson. 👍

I have the Lyson 50L machine. Brilliant & effortless. Can do so many things with it.

Attachments

• 3EBEFD9D-C730-4746-9F81-8F6762C7E0F8.jpeg
    3EBEFD9D-C730-4746-9F81-8F6762C7E0F8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 501D4BD6-FF47-4591-ACAE-7DCEFCFBD55A.jpeg
    501D4BD6-FF47-4591-ACAE-7DCEFCFBD55A.jpeg
    298.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 37657A8F-AB4A-42F7-9A7A-2F1C21B2B9D9.jpeg
    37657A8F-AB4A-42F7-9A7A-2F1C21B2B9D9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Thank you, all useful information. I assume you are using it to turn granulated honey back to liquid, creaming honey …. Anything else?

Other than liquifying and making soft set, can be used as a settling tank, mixing sugar syrup and probably other uses…
If you infuse your honey, can do the mixing perfectly.

I picked the Abelo (Lyson) 50l creamer/decrystaliser at the National Honey Show - so far used to melt crystallised spring honey, which is now being creamed (added a jar of creamed honey from the show entries) and will use as a big lot of seed for the next lot which will be my remaining 40kg of autumn honey.

Really easy to use - like others with one would recommend.

I picked the Abelo (Lyson) 50l creamer/decrystaliser at the National Honey Show - so far used to melt crystallised spring honey, which is now being creamed (added a jar of creamed honey from the show entries) and will use as a big lot of seed for the next lot which will be my remaining 40kg of autumn honey.

Really easy to use - like others with one would recommend.
What sort of autumn honey did you get?

Had the Lyson for a year and really like it. Only two things to bare in mind are:
The honey gate valve is probably a bit wide for bottling straight from the tank and I find the motor on top can get in the way of pouring a bucket in. Pretty minor niggles but other than that a great bit of kit and so useful. Not only for soft set but also blending honey, mixing syrup etc.

Had the Lyson for a year and really like it. Only two things to bare in mind are:
The honey gate valve is probably a bit wide for bottling straight from the tank and I find the motor on top can get in the way of pouring a bucket in. Pretty minor niggles but other than that a great bit of kit and so useful. Not only for soft set but also blending honey, mixing syrup etc.
Thank you, I had wondered whether the motor would get in the way a little, I’m sure I can work around that. I’m not worried about the gate size, I’m not planning on bottling direct from the machine.
I hadn’t originally thought about using it for mixing sugar syrup but it sounds a good idea.

Thank you, I had wondered whether the motor would get in the way a little, I’m sure I can work around that. I’m not worried about the gate size, I’m not planning on bottling direct from the machine.
I hadn’t originally thought about using it for mixing sugar syrup but it sounds a good idea.
4DAAC00A-5C0D-46A4-8D7E-430CBDFD2E2B.jpeg

The wide lip works quite well with a 27l gates bucket - with smaller non-gated buckets it’s tip it up and pour, recommend grab a honey scraper from Abelo, makes it much easier.

EEB53F96-E349-473E-988C-945FCC67FA71.jpeg
Emptied these 3 buckets at lunch (all were pretty much full to the brim)

Sorry bad wording - the honey I extracted in August, although W00tz did get some lovely Ivy honey which has quite a nice flavour.
Ah. Just wondered. We do get balsam here but it yields little. That might be called autumn. This year would have been good for Ivy but I was too slow.

Feedback from existing users would be welcome. I have an offer of an unheated 50 litre model; does anyone have experience of using that version, can it be used for a part load and are they straightforward to clean after use?

You don’t have to fill them completely - I initially filled with 5kg of honey and added a single jar of seed - so works well as long as the paddles can move the honey in the base.

Cleaning - not done that yet 🤣 however I would imagine the easiest is add soapy warm water and let it stir, drain, then repeat with clean water.

Latest posts

Back