Lyson thread size

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David1976

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I am having an absolute mare trying to get a female threaded ferrule to fit my lyson creamer and settling tank.

Models are

70l premium settling tank
50l creaming and liquifier machine

Can anyone who has personal experience of this, please tell me what size of threaded ferrule they put on please.

It looks like it should be 1.5" with callipers however this is too tight and it only goes on the first 3 threads.

Cheers

Stating the obvious but have you tried contacting them directly.

You did well to get the original fittings off (if they were fitted), usually chemically bonded on. I ended up using the flange & attached the on/off valve directly to that.

You did well to get the original fittings off (if they were fitted), usually chemically bonded on. I ended up using the flange & attached the on/off valve directly to that.
I used a blowtorch to heat the fitting then twisted it off using a spanner between the 2 bolts as leverage.

Where did you get the flange attachment from? I was struggling to find one

I removed all the original honey gates on our Lyson tanks and replaced with ball valves. Not the ones supplied by Lyson though, they have a quite small bore, almost halve the tank outlet diameter.
I purchased ours from an engineering store in Shrewsbury, the bore when open being the same as the tank outlet.