Honey Creaming machines

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don’t have to fill them completely - I initially filled with 5kg of honey and added a single jar of seed - so works well as long as the paddles can move the honey in the base.

Cleaning - not done that yet 🤣 however I would imagine the easiest is add soapy warm water and let it stir, drain, then repeat with clean water.
Why soap?
Add cold water, turn on paddle, leave for a couple of hours, drain and repeat as necessary.

You don’t have to fill them completely - I initially filled with 5kg of honey and added a single jar of seed - so works well as long as the paddles can move the honey in the base.

Cleaning - not done that yet 🤣 however I would imagine the easiest is add soapy warm water and let it stir, drain, then repeat with clean water.

Ours has been cleaned three times only, mainly because it's always in use at the moment, but in the past I left around ten kilos of set honey in the machine ready for the next batch.

I have the Konigin 50L machine, its brilliant, in my mind over manufactured. The Stainless Steel is thick and the whole machine is well made. It's very heavy, it takes two people to lift it. Yes its filled with water but I have never had to top it up with water during a two week mix cycle. Now on the down side (in my mind) the controls are in the wrong place, they really should be next to the outlet valve. The results are amazing, this was mixed for 11 days.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    966.6 KB · Views: 0
Thank you, I had wondered whether the motor would get in the way a little, I’m sure I can work around that. I’m not worried about the gate size, I’m not planning on bottling direct from the machine.
I hadn’t originally thought about using it for mixing sugar syrup but it sounds a good idea
Easily handles a 25kg sack of sugar and 12.5kg of water for mixing up small batches.

I have the Konigin 50L machine, its brilliant, in my mind over manufactured. The Stainless Steel is thick and the whole machine is well made. It's very heavy, it takes two people to lift it. Yes its filled with water but I have never had to top it up with water during a two week mix cycle. Now on the down side (in my mind) the controls are in the wrong place, they really should be next to the outlet valve. The results are amazing, this was mixed for 11 days.
Thank you, a couple of questions.
How do you fill the water jacket? looking at the images the top opener appears to point downwards?
What control do you have over the temperature? It doesn’t appear to be digitally controlled so is it a case of gauging the temperature between its min and max setting?
Does the base slope towards the honey gate?
Thanks
Pete

Thank you, a couple of questions.
How do you fill the water jacket? looking at the images the top opener appears to point downwards?
What control do you have over the temperature? It doesn’t appear to be digitally controlled so is it a case of gauging the temperature between its min and max setting?
Does the base slope towards the honey gate?
Thanks
Pete
Pete

You fill and empty the water jacker from underneath, I have removed the original straight valve and put a 90 degree valve which takes a hozelock connector (the original one takes one as well), what you can see is the overflow. Temperature is controlled with a digital controller, it has massive switch gear on it, way over the top if you ask me. The base does not slope but when filling jars I put and extra piece of wood under one leg.

I bit the bullet and bought a 50 litre unheated Lyson creamer, second hand but barely used, and it is currently churning away nicely. Just one question though: how long do you leave it to churn for, is there an optimum time or is it a case of the more the merrier?

I’ve found the longer I leave it churning the paper it gets - having accidentally heated mine to 32c took a extra 99 hour run but now jarred.

Attachments

• B4D5B91B-B760-4150-8BD9-E55251C713AB.jpeg
    B4D5B91B-B760-4150-8BD9-E55251C713AB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back