Help with prices please, urgent.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shake and brush will do fine for one super.

I have no problems with Th***es seconds. Their bees on a budget hive is £116 +VAT, and for that you get a complete hive ( incl 2 supers and frames and foundation).

They are flat pack, but instructions are good now. I have put together several and had no problem. I actually enjoyed making them. A simple wood working project with loads of satisfaction and education too. They also do other offers , Hive plus clothing + smoker etc.

Keep smiling. I learnt a lot through being put in hard places.

Keep smiling. I learnt a lot through being put in hard places.

It has been a steep learning curve, that's for sure! Now we've cut our losses and put it down to experience, we are both feeling much better about things. Shame about the money, but it's done now. We are both a bit too trusting, but that has changed. you'd think people would be a bit more consiencious when it comes to a school, wouldn't you.

Anyhow. We have two loaded supers there to collect on. The profit from that should see us through for a while. :)

try fragil planet the are fairly cheap they are all flat pack i got a national hive off them for £60 brood +2super

Our smocks were supplied by them, and the veils are splitting already :(

Uh huh.. about par for the course.

I would recommend the Polish outfit as my all in one from them has been ok apart from a couple of minor niggles, both of which were my fault.

http://en.lyson.com.pl/k438_beekepers-clothing.html

Item 60020 refers and I see they have changed the veil, a change am pleased to see as mine has a wire loop involved and in my clumsiness I have bent it and it affects my vision slightly.

PH

Thank you PH. I think it will be a while before we consider replacing our suits though. For now I am repairing the splits with cotton.

Looks like we'll have to take the £15 frames. Everywhere else costs more when you throw in postage. It just irks that he's selling them at that price when we will be collecting, that's all. He can do one with his complete hive though. I'd rather give them the back bedroom than pay that price!

kaz

sent you a PM

sent u another one lol

well I sent you one back, so nerrrr :p

lol

I can also recommend the Bees on a Budget hives. Extraordinary good value and, though the quality has declined slightly in the past couple of years, they are perfectly good. And they come with frames, foundation, queen excluder and a dummy board.

I can also recommend the Bees on a Budget hives. Extraordinary good value and, though the quality has declined slightly in the past couple of years, they are perfectly good. And they come with frames, foundation, queen excluder and a dummy board.

I've had a look at these in the past for myself. looks like a good offer, but I can't help thinking that I could maybe get better prices and quality from the hive makers on here. Boy, if only I had that 2 grand back. I'd have hives that were the envy of the whole forum lol not worthy

I've had a look at these in the past for myself. looks like a good offer, but I can't help thinking that I could maybe get better prices and quality from the hive makers on here. Boy, if only I had that 2 grand back. I'd have hives that were the envy of the whole forum lol not worthy

i am stunned that you had £2k to spend and only got what you did i think you should name and shame the person that supposedly helped you out!!!.

also let your local BKA know and see if they will help you out my local one has been really good, to people that have needed stuff urgently.

i am stunned that you had £2k to spend and only got what you did i think you should name and shame the person that supposedly helped you out!!!.

also let your local BKA know and see if they will help you out my local one has been really good, to people that have needed stuff urgently.

It was a mixture of people I think. We were just unlucky that a few people let us down at once. I just wish I'd known what I was doing when we were approached. I just have to let it go though now, as it was making me ill trying to recoup some and trying to get what we were due from these people. Since i've let it go and we've decided to go ahead just the two of us, i've felt a lot less stressed about the whole thing.

Hi

Speak to Hivemaker.....his hives are great and at a good price..:)

Im going to be really cheaky here and say something. Sorry ADMIN in advance.

Maybe as Hivemaker is a longstanging member and he also is a hive maker and he has sold im sure quite a few hives and made quite good profits from the forum.

Maybe he can donate the equipment that Kaz needs to finish off the hive she has and also a full second one. im sure he is aware of the horrors she has been through this year and she really needs something good to happen.

sorry to put it out there in full view of everyone. Hivemaker dont forget it will be fully tax deductable and will do you untold good on here.

Sorry Hivemaker to put you in an akward possition.

Also Sorry Kaz if i have embarresed you for asking for the donation to you.

And Sorry Admin to if you get a complaint about the post.

Last edited:
Sorry but you shouldnt put other people up for donating :cheers2:

I have mentioned before that we should discuss the possibility of building up a slush fund for good causes like this - maybe we should revisit this (a few quid each via paypal would soon build up) not fair to ask one person to cough up the lot buisinessman or not.

Sorry but you shouldnt put other people up for donating :cheers2:

Hi Craig

i will applogise totally if i have embaressed all concerned but i work in education and i know how short of funds schools have got. The bull the government is saying about not cutting funding to schools is utter rubbish. if that is the case why have West Sussex in the last 12 months had to cut 155jobs and put a freeze on all new appointments. i work at a small unit, where we have lost a number of staff due to them leaving and we have been told not to expect them to be replaced as WSCC have to make savings of £5.5m per year in education. WSCC is small by comparison to where Kaz school is based so i know it will be even worse up there.

im major concern is that if Kaz cant afford to pay for the equipment as she is an unpayed parent helper which she is, and the school cant afford to purchase anymore equipment there is going to be a school that does very good things doing 1 less thing.

I have had to support my unit out of my own pocket, I am not a teacher on a teachers salary but i feel it is important the pupils i work with get the best i can afford them. i am working with my head at present to fund beekeeping at my unit payed by myself.

Also if you read further back in the thread you will see i PM'ed Kaz to offer my support.

If anyone else wants to do so then that is great but dont shoot me down what what i have said in public as you dont know what is been discussed in private.

Latest posts

Back