Hello from West Sussex.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireash123

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi there my name is ashley or ash, I'm a falconer that has just moved to West Sussex and enjoying the rural life. I'm looking into keeping bees and looking at next year.
I'm
Interested in the rose method but will be reading up on things before I make any decision.
Also looking forward to reading up in this site.
Just though I would say hi, so hi
All the best Ash

welcome to the forum, do you fly your birds for a living? the pest control firm I work for has a falconry section, and they sent me off on a week long course last year, I was that close to getting my own bird, but I also own some woodland, so that takes priority, funnily enough I have just started with rose hives, although I use nationals at home, am using rose and commercials in the woods

Hi ratcatcher, thanks for welcome.

I don't do it for pest control just purely for enjoyment. Though I could breed and it's possible
To make a
Living. Well it was, the price of goshawks has plummeted in the last few years. I'm quite happy just catching partridge and pheasant in the winter.
Here is two videos of my hawk chassing pheasant with my pointer on point.
They both got away.
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cjYSL2RjZkg[/ame]

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PCvFW12B9wI[/ame]

I'm torn between the rose and the poly hives but still loads of research to be done.
ATB Ash

:welcome::welcome:
Hi there my name is ashley or ash, I'm a falconer that has just moved to West Sussex and enjoying the rural life. I'm looking into keeping bees and looking at next year.
I'm
Interested in the rose method but will be reading up on things before I make any decision.
Also looking forward to reading up in this site.
Just though I would say hi, so hi
All the best Ash
Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to see it's an active forum. Learning loads with the search feature.

Thanks Heather, I hope so. Was trying to get on the picnic apiary meeting but didn't get any contact info.

Latest posts

Back