Happy Birthday Thread

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can the last time we had an ambigram was a thousand years ago? they didn't have pocket calculators back then

It wasn’t there was at least one last year 12.02.2021 - palindromic ambigram. Pretty sure plenty of people on the internet said that one was the first in 1000 years too. Interesting, but not quite so exceptionally rare…

Its amazing really, all this thread did was wish a man a Happy Birthday. So far its covered awarding medals, palindromes and ambigrams, dress ettiquette, a short excursion into "Angels and Demons", an abbacus and what I can only describe as a superman fetish. It just proves that the evolutionary process really has no direction other than survival and that forumites know how to segue.

A (written) presentation of a word or words that reads the same when rotated 180 degrees or reads the same backwards and forwards.

There are some nice examples here, used by Dan Brown for his book "Angels and Demons" (and a whole load more on another page on that site).

(And happy birthday to Curly, too.)

James
Thanks enjoying some Guinness tonight and not working tomorrow.
Its amazing really, all this thread did was wish a man a Happy Birthday. So far its covered awarding medals, palindromes and ambigrams, dress ettiquette, a short excursion into "Angels and Demons", an abbacus and what I can only describe as a superman fetish. It just proves that the evolutionary process really has no direction other than survival and that forumites know how to segue.
:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:
Well you know what they say, 'every days a school day'.
And I've learned something new.
Not quite sure about the super man bit.
Edit : James that was from last night :giggle: got bought a crate of Guinness.

Amen to that.

Many happy returns to @Serenhafbees
Hope you’re still looking in and have sorted the problem you had with varroa earlier this year
Hi, Yes the varroa problem is now under control, thanks. I do however have another problem that someone may be able to help with. We now have 4 hives, of different ages, all on a brood and a half . On inspecting our oldest hive over the past month we have realised that the queen has somehow escaped the brood and a half and is now laying in the two honey supers that we have added. She seems to be laying on every other frame. I wondered if this has happened to anyone else and how they managed it.

Latest posts

Back