Smoker for Food.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years ago a group of us used to hire a boat on the Broads for a week at Easter and mostly pootle from pub to pub. After crossing Breydon Water to Great Yarmouth we once came very close to getting sucked down the Yar by the current. The poor little boat was really struggling to get us back to the mooring area. I thought for a while that we might end up disappearing out to sea :D

James

No, they were right - it caused serious problems with siltation at the river entrance, cross currents South of it and siltation further South, it became an absolute PITA to both leave (but we didn't mind :D ) and to enter
Gorleston beach is full of stones now. Used to be lovely

Many years ago a group of us used to hire a boat on the Broads for a week at Easter and mostly pootle from pub to pub. After crossing Breydon Water to Great Yarmouth we once came very close to getting sucked down the Yar by the current. The poor little boat was really struggling to get us back to the mooring area. I thought for a while that we might end up disappearing out to sea :D

James
Breydon water has very strong currents. Holiday makers very often venture outside of the marked channel and get stuck in the mud for hours until the next high tide. We've had to call the coastguard a few times for struggling sail boats without engines and the odd kayak. They don't seem to realise how tidal it is. An engine is a must on Breydon

Gorleston beach is full of stones now. Used to be lovely
yes - the sand just shifts further South - in fact, last time I was there they had the Sospan (last vessel registered in Llanelli) a sand dredger designed to be able to beach itself and pump the sand dredged from elsewhere back up on to the beach.

Reactions: Ely

Latest posts

Back