Gloves

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used Ansell Touch n Tuff when they were reasonably priced. Now just Marigolds with gauntlets.

Ansell Touch n Tuff 92-605
me too long cuff ,still reasonebly price from zoro.uk ,but incredibly long waiting time
outperforming other brand miles away,especialy cheap ones,
thin enough, bees not sting through and ripstop
you can wash it as many time like marigolds but feeling beyond comparison

me too long cuff ,still reasonebly price from zoro.uk ,but incredibly long waiting time
Absolutely agree. I may push the boat out and get some more...
Thanks for the supplier tip, I‘ll investigate current prices.

Yes ... that's what I'm using this season but I combine them with towelling wrist sweat bands which nicely go over the end of the gloves and the velcro tighteners on the sleeves of my jacket clamp down on them ... nothing gets up my sleeves.

I've tried the gauntlets but I wasn't keen - they seemed to be a bit bulky and ride up.

Cheap as chips on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19253712...4BJWRFGvXTRL+wEU7mlzF8OLkdVr|tkp:BFBMkuXb2JNg

when I use long cuffs 92-605
I put cuff over my jacket sleeve not under.very rare slip off
i try few times like you with sweat bands,but I need to watch on my arms especialy when try reach something in front off me ,and sometimes sleeve back a bit,bees no need to invite twice 😅

My jacket is an old Castle Farm ventilated one and the sleeves are too he wbulky to get under the gloves and they have velcro tighteners on the sleeves so the combination of long cuff gloves, sweat bands and velcro makes it pretty much bomb proof ... but SMOK is right .. a sting to the wrist near the vein is something you only allow to happen once ! When it happened to me my forearm swelled up so much I thought my skin would burst and it was very uncomfortable for 24 hours. Apart from stings near my eyes I think a wrist sting is about the worst ....

I don't get much reaction to stings elsewhere although I keep a tube of Antisthan handy in my beebox and Piriton or one of the other antihistamines just in case.

Supertouch Nitrile gauntlets.
https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/supertouch-nitrile-n15-latex-free-washing-up-gloves.html
Sting proof (well, almost!) and sensitive enough to do the necessary manipulations. Cheap too.
I've used a similar product for the last couple of years, but mine don't have a soft cotton liner. Sweating hands inside the glove was my main problem with them, but for general use certainly better than most leather gloves; although I have a pair of well made goat leather gauntlet gloves which are truly very good. Getting the correct size for your fingers and hand matters a lot.

I use long cuff nitrils over my suit sleeves. I get them from the local farm supplier, they are stocked as milker gloves. I wash them in washing soda after each inspection and they last 3-4 weeks.

Latest posts

Back