General scream of frustration!!! Just need to get this off my chest somewhere and husband still at work!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's ridiculous I've never heard of that. So if you keep yourself healthy saving the doctors time, you are penalised by being removed from the list!!!!! Our receptionists are horrible think they must train them like it to avoid people making appointments!!!

Quite so..... give them a white plastic badge and some of them become almost a Doctor!

This is really quite scary. How many other people are in the same position as mum and don't know. If it hadn't been for that conversation with her brother, we would have been none the wiser.

Obviously mum doesn't have an annual flu jab, to keep her registered.

Don't know if there is any set time limit. Last time I was at the surgery, a fresh faced doctor informed me "we haven't seen you for quite some time." It was over ten years, I'd never seen this doctor before and when I enquired later at reception about Dr Williams, they told me he had been retired four years. Possibly a practice thing, my son went last year, first time in fifteen years.

Many thanks to all who gave me advice here, particularly Dani and BIAB. 😘
My mum heard this morning that she is back on the doctor's list with no need to sign anything or prove her address.
No explanation, no apology but the main thing is she does now exist for vaccination purposes.

In recent years, doctor's surgeries have become more and more inaccessible. My local practice used to accept telephone requests for an appointment and we would get one within 24 hours, often the same day. The practice was sold on and all of a sudden things changed and not in a good way. Now when you phone for an appointment the receptionist will ask why you want an appointment and I have to restrain myself from saying 'none of your friggin' business, you're not a doctor, you're a phone operator'. They then say someone will call you back eventually and if you phoned after 10am then the call wouldn't come until 5pm and you have no chance of getting a face-to-face appointment that day and probably not the next. It is no wonder that to get round these tin gods people are going to A&E. I once called to get an appointment to have someone look at a long-term lesion on my arm and was told that someone would call me in two weeks!! Of course, COVID aside, the NHS is under greater strain because people are getting treatment when they are not ill -- IVF, gender reassignment, et al -- not to mention the ambulance chasing lawyers who try to get money for the most trivial incidents.

Having said all that, I don't blame the medical staff at all, I blame the many people who often run the administration of these places, who believe they are god's gift to medicine.

:rant:

Many thanks to all who gave me advice here, particularly Dani and BIAB. 😘
My mum heard this morning that she is back on the doctor's list with no need to sign anything or prove her address.
No explanation, no apology but the main thing is she does now exist for vaccination purposes.
That's good news. You must be relieved for her.I hope she gets a timely jab.......I hope we all do

What!?
I’m sure I watched a SM say GPs would be vaccinating from Jan 18
I would have thought the Welsh Assembly would have been screaming from the rooftops if the supply of vaccine had been interfered with .. I haven't seen anything to say Westminster has delayed vaccine supply to Wales ... I have seen this though ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55573436
and this:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-lockdown-review-mark-drakeford-19584749

Last edited:
Didn't you hear the FM admit last night that vaccines are not getting to Wales as quickly as they should.
SWMBO has been helping out at the WG Emergency room in Cardiff over Christmas, she was aware of this then

Didn't you hear the FM admit last night that vaccines are not getting to Wales as quickly as they should.
SWMBO has been helping out at the WG Emergency room in Cardiff over Christmas, she was aware of this then
He did say that we wasn't certain about how many doses would be available beyond the next two weeks but I think this is pretty general across the whole of the UK as they are dependent upon how many can be produced and distributed. With the current desperate situation in terms of the growth in cases I would be very concerned if there was discrimination and you were not getting your fair share of what is currently available. I can't see any hard evidence for otherwise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55585142

Back