Bees are living inside my walls, do I need to worry?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fascinating reading, thank you for sharing your story, If we lived nearer we would be happy to help, please keep us posted, pictures would be great too. Good luck.

More thoughts

Just a note to ask you to consider updates on your situation if at all possible; there seem to be few of us interested in your predicament.

Sadly, Pest controllers will mostly decide to kill the colony; a few will know bee keepers who will take some or all of the colony and, of course, the Queen away. Sadly it is far more economic to dispose of bees in this day of high wages & costs. Of course, you will still be left with the problem of the honey - which can attract more pests, insects, moulds or bees! The beeswax will also be an attractant if not taken away. Sorry to add to your load of probs!

A good colony is said to be worth upward of £140 [varroa resistant may be more] and can produce at least 60 lbs of honey in a season [perhaps not this wet year]. Your own honey will be scrumptious.

Not that I’m trying to influence you! [much];)

Oxfordshire Beekeepers Association contact list - http://www.oxfordshirebeekeepers.com/page4.htm

Latest posts

Back