General scream of frustration!!! Just need to get this off my chest somewhere and husband still at work!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
4 + 1 nucs
Just got off the phone from my very upset 73 year old mother.
She has just been on the phone to the doctors surgery she has been registered with since 1970 to be told she was removed from their list because she didn't go!
How can this be right. She now cannot get a Covid vaccination because it will be dealt with through her GP practice.
This only came to light because she was discussing flu jabs with her brother and said she had never been offered one.
The receptionist was rude to her and made her feel she must have been a difficult patient. Anyone knowing my mother knows how laughable this is. She is the least confident, most mild-mannered person I know, with the exception of her mother.
Sorry rant over, just had to get this out of my system before I went and played merry hell with someone and got my mum blacklisted for life!

Just got off the phone from my very upset 73 year old mother.
She has just been on the phone to the doctors surgery she has been registered with since 1970 to be told she was removed from their list because she didn't go!
How can this be right. She now cannot get a Covid vaccination because it will be dealt with through her GP practice.
This only came to light because she was discussing flu jabs with her brother and said she had never been offered one.
The receptionist was rude to her and made her feel she must have been a difficult patient. Anyone knowing my mother knows how laughable this is. She is the least confident, most mild-mannered person I know, with the exception of her mother.
Sorry rant over, just had to get this out of my system before I went and played merry hell with someone and got my mum blacklisted for life!
Really sorry to hear that. I’ve had to do similar for my parents. I hope you manage to resolve the situation for your Mum.

The answer is to talk to the practice yourself via the practice manager not reception, If this doesn’t have a result then the following is the procedure
https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/sites/...raise_concerns_about_a_general_practice_0.pdf
:iagree: and regardless of thefact that Dani has now told you what the next step is, ask the practice manager to let you know what the procedure is for lodging a complaint. This usually starts a flurry of activity resulting in a resolution to your issue.

Thanks Dani
That is really helpful.
I have gone through the forms with her for registering.
She is so upset because she says it has made her feel worthless and thrown away which is a bit sad.
It’s awful. There is no excuse for this sort of thing at all. Yes GPs are under pressure. We all are. I’m active in a couple of support groups and the corners being cut are frightening in their consequences
I hope you can get this sorted quickly for her. In my experience if you are calm and reasonable practice managers are usually fairly helpful.

Really sorry to hear that. I’ve had to do similar for my parents. I hope you manage to resolve the situation for your Mum.
They get extra money for each elderly patient registered with their practice .
I’m 83 . Heard nothing , bumped into a pharmacist today who tells me she approached said practice inquiring about her and the rest of the staff, only to be told that the practice hasn’t joined the scheme and their patients will be invited by a faceless hub .
The practice hasn’t had the decency to inform their patients! 😡

They get extra money for each elderly patient registered with their practice .
I’m 83 . Heard nothing , bumped into a pharmacist today who tells me she approached said practice inquiring about her and the rest of the staff, only to be told that the practice hasn’t joined the scheme and their patients will be invited by a faceless hub .
The practice hasn’t had the decency to inform their patients! 😡
Yes those practices doing it have agreed to do so voluntarily - though they do get paid I think £11 per jab to fund the staff time etc I think.

Yes those practices doing it have agreed to do so voluntarily - though they do get paid I think £11 per jab to fund the staff time etc I think.

With one Dr on the news tonight saying he's ramping up to 10,000 a month, I'm in the wrong job

to be told she was removed from their list because she didn't go!

Do you mean removed from the doctors list? Or just the jab list?

If the doctors list, then yes, this happens. Don't contact your GP for a few years (I think its 5 years) and they can remove you from the list. Obviously this is used as people move and don't sign up for new GP, die, or switch surgeries etc. If this is the case with your 73 year old Mother, then she's doing well 👍 Typically they try to write just to check you're still about.

We had this with the Father In Law who hadn't been to see a doctor in about 18 years, and had been removed from doctors register. Completed the registration forms, and they took him back right away.

Do you mean removed from the doctors list? Or just the jab list?

If the doctors list, then yes, this happens. Don't contact your GP for a few years (I think its 5 years) and they can remove you from the list. Obviously this is used as people move and don't sign up for new GP, die, or switch surgeries etc. If this is the case with your 73 year old Mother, then she's doing well 👍 Typically they try to write just to check you're still about.

We had this with the Father In Law who hadn't been to see a doctor in about 18 years, and had been removed from doctors register. Completed the registration forms, and they took him back right away.
Removed from the doctors' list. She rarely goes but has never had a letter. I am really cross that she has just been left in limbo though.

That's ridiculous I've never heard of that. So if you keep yourself healthy saving the doctors time, you are penalised by being removed from the list!!!!! Our receptionists are horrible think they must train them like it to avoid people making appointments!!!

That's ridiculous I've never heard of that. So if you keep yourself healthy saving the doctors time, you are penalised by being removed from the list!!!!! Our receptionists are horrible think they must train them like it to avoid people making appointments!!!
That was pretty much my mums reaction word for word. Bless her it took her all day to pluck up the courage to ring them she is so lacking in confidence, and to get the reaction she did, she was devastated. I just wish she had let me know there was a problem earlier but she won't ask for help if she can avoid it.

Sometimes NHSEngland does it automatically, against practice preference; they call it 'list cleansing' 🤢🤯.

Latest posts

Back