Gardens of Suburbia : Forage month by month

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cotswolds

Not suburbia but a lovely sight nevertheless. Absolutely swarming with bees in the sunshine. I asked if they had their own hives and was told,"no"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 29
This bush has hundreds of bees on it every year, could anyone tell me the name of it ?

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
8d9d9db9679dbf606b8e27fa6308c420.jpg

Any ideas for this please? It's next to Rosebay Willowherb beside a pond?

Saw my first ghosted bees while doing AS work yesterday. They'd been mostly on the Lime around here for a few days but, with it cooler, I guess they've gone to seek the Himalayan Balsam by the streams into the Tyne.

My autumn raspberries seem to be mostly bumble bee pollinated. Last year the same plants it was all honey bees. I guess there must be something better for them, as they are no distance from the hives and I have more bees than last year. ??

I've just three courgette plants but lovely to see one of my bees spending a long time on the few flowers.

I have 11 buddleia in my garden, two purples ( one dark one lighter) and one white. Bees seem to love them. Always plenty on them, also some burdock in the field backing onto our garden. They're all over that. Watched quite a few bringing in an orange pollen this week. Unsure what that is?

Picking first of our Autumn Raspberries today and the patch was 'a-hum' with the bees on the secondary flush of flowers lower down the stems under the leaves. Lovely sound! Delightful to see when there has clearly been a waggle dance and there are scores of them working together on a recommended source.

Latest posts

Back