Frames and Foundation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George60

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Looking for the best and cheapest place to buy frames and foundation. The beekeeping shows seem the cheapest but There are no beekeeping shows around Merseyside . Any recommendations?

The cheapest isn't always the best! Just buy in the sales. The main suppliers all have them. Seconds can be fine for you are any good with minor repairs.
E

Looking for the best and cheapest place to buy frames and foundation. The beekeeping shows seem the cheapest but There are no beekeeping shows around Merseyside . Any recommendations?

Out of sales they are all roughly the same price..avoid ebay from unknown sellers..
I have used four companies (ebay crap not listed) that you can easily google..here they are in order.. price not much difference a tad cheaper than thornes but the delivery time on the last one is the best..

Thornes.
Simon The Beekeeper..
Abelo..

Last edited:

You have probably missed the best offers in winter sales. The next best prices unless you are buying in bulk will be the shows. I would buy the minimum you can get away with and be ready to spend your cash next winter.
S

Depends on what and how much else you are buying. If you have a local suppler it may be cheaper. I live a mile away from a beekeeping shop so for odd bits I save money on not having to pay £8 delivery or making it up to £100

You can buy "Seconds" from Maisemore Apiaries just about all year round via eBay or sometimes their website...
You rarely get an unusable frame and I have bought thousands over the years....
And at Sale prices....

Last edited:
You can buy "Seconds" from Maisemore Apiaries just about all year round via eBay or sometimes their website...
You rarely get an unusable frame and I have bought thousands over the years....
And at Sale prices....

:bump::winner1st:

Masies... and their sterialised wax foundation attracts a whopping 25% discount when you fork out a measly £200... and delivered free (,,,,,...... eventually if you form an orderly queue!!)

:calmdown:

Latest posts

Back