Foundation Club?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have already said i can collect over a distance of 50/60 miles each way, i live very close to j13/m1, i can collect for other areas say essex/london etc if someone is willing to collect from me,this way we can shift bits around the country without to much cost/trouble.

I am keen on this, need to work out amounts as only just read this thread. Also I am in Basingstoke and happy to be distribution point for my area.
Will be looking for Commercial brood and supers(Inc frames) and national supers.

Pete

I am up for it and also often travel around the country with my work and regularly to football matches...

I am happy to be a courier when out and about!

London, Leicester and Manchester routes are most commonest

I'd like to join in if the middle of Wales isn't too out of the way to make it practical.
Enough for two langstroth hives, I'll need to count up.

whilst i have put my list up already and i am willing to be a birmingham depot.

looking at realisticly if i was to get say the midlands orders, what i was planning to do was to get them delivered to the poly hive B&B and to bring them back to brum as the money i would save would easily pay for the petrol used.

then being 1 mile from junction one m5 i can distribute into the moterway net work as and when people come passed me the iwfe is at home most days when requested to be about for collections.

personaly i think it is better to get the lot delivered in the smallest amount of deliveries to kbs to get the better discount and for it not to be lost on delivery fees.

what we could with that is of even more inportance than the wax is to set up a distribution net work via people work , commute, travel and family drive in this way we could then buy and distrubute any items we want, wax, frames, bottles etc>

I'm near junction 29/30 of the M5, and just off the A30/303 so also a pivot point and always around...anyone else live near a major junction??

I am near Tenterden in Kent, that puts me about a 40min drive from KBS so I can collect from them.
In the other direction I am about 15mins from Junction 9 on the M20 and am in ashford at least once a week.
If there are other people that are going north into London then maybe we can start to send the wax and other things around the country by 'pass-the-parcel' deliveries just like hedgerow suggested.
Also have relations in Exeter so may be able to persuade them to take a delivery back when they are visiting.

Kev

How can you get such a short reply wrong.
For J3 read J6 (Basingstoke).

Still that's the only grey moment so far.

Pete

I am with h.pete in that the less drop of points for kbs the better to the point of just the one drop.

Between use we should be able to move it around the country if we work together, as stated earlyer i am 1/2 mile from j13/m1, so beds,bucks northants parts of cambs,essex and herts could collect from me if i collected from pete.

I agree, hence offering to be depot and also happy to ship further west within reason also happy to pickup from east of me. In the middle of good motorway hub so should not be difficult in this part of the sunny south.

Pete

Before this dissapears off the map, thought I'd raise it one last time.

Seems to me we have several offers of distribution hubs, but no infrastructure for a central payment, which is presumably what the seller is asking for.

Can anyone see a way around this, or should it be forgotten as a nice but unworkable idea?

I have said I will pay up front for all the orders in my area- they repay me on collection.

Before this dissapears off the map, thought I'd raise it one last time.

Seems to me we have several offers of distribution hubs, but no infrastructure for a central payment, which is presumably what the seller is asking for.

Can anyone see a way around this, or should it be forgotten as a nice but unworkable idea?

Surely a supplier wouldn't object to multiple payments for a single order placed through the forum . Good way of securing repeat and ad hoc business.

personaly i was under the impression that poly hive was going towards the idea that we pay our monies before ordering to make sure that no one is out of pocket and then when money and orders are in we set the ball rolling.

i was going to open a small post office account for any monies coming my way so i could except cheques and cash and any other ways to pay like direct transfers.

then that money was either going to go to poly hive so he can pay for it or i would pay and order directly to kbs

I was going to keep a tight record of how ordered what and when the order is placed and the toal discount is comfirmed people were going to recieve there wax, frames and returned discount payment together

or may be i was at the wrong end of the stick again?????????????

Sounds eminently sensible, Pete.

Suits me too- but we need to know quantities soon so that we can put to supplier to get best discount.

I can see a lot of problems here best just buy your own then you will know when its gettingng delivered then some things like opps my postoffice is closed for two weeks etc, what I found this year was when I needed wax hives etc my supplier was unable to supply so I started buying of other suppliers.

I can see a lot of problems here best just buy your own then you will know when its gettingng delivered then some things like opps my postoffice is closed for two weeks etc, what I found this year was when I needed wax hives etc my supplier was unable to supply so I started buying of other suppliers.

You must be a free diver to be able to eschew punctuation the way you have...

Back