Foundation Club?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interest here in the Brighton area -South East.
I thought our local foundation poor this year. 14x12 didn't quite meet both side or base. Very scrimped. Their excuse- a hot summer caused them problems in production...... I think twaddle!

Their excuse- a hot summer caused them problems in production

I agree with you heather,no excuse for poor production.

I dont mind if quality is down if price is also down to match.

Was it from Th's ?

I am interested too. I think that I will be after around 30 14x12 and 50 super for next year. And similar quantities of frames too if that is an option.

Heather,

Yours was short, too? I found that. Wire loops barely reached into the gap between the bottom bars of the frame

I am getting vibes that your order arrived January?

Ours did, and I was told bearings on the rollers had necessitated a temporary change over of rollers. Still not entirely convinced.

I lost several sheets that 'buckled', rather than lengthening slightly through that bottom gap, as the comb was drawn and the bottom edge was just shy of the bottom frame bars.

Regards, RAB

I would be interested in this sort of Shared Discount Club - ever eager to save a quid or two.

I hope to be increasing hives so will need foundation & frames as well as boxes/roofs etc.

Very interested, I'm in Norfolk and will drive 50 miles or so for a pickup, as I,m running an electric car....

Getting interesting

The numbers are getting interesting.

I will make a call over the next couple of days and see what can be done.

I have to say I am very pleased to see the forum getting financially active.

Having had my fingers burnt before I am going to make a suggestion here.

When we get to potting an order together, and if it is a seriously big one it may be that we can get a good deal by buying off season say in Feb? Or even Jan.

I propose that payment will be made in full via Paypal to Admin before the numbers are accepted on the order. Then there is no fear of defaulting and the pot is able to pay out in full to the vendor.

PH

will drive 50 miles or so for a pickup

Might that go for delivery too? Just hope you can manage the return journey on one battery full!

Regards, RAB

I would also be interested in this , just hope someone down south um cough splutter might be poping over to the IOW :)

Hi,
I am also interested, happy to pay admin.
Will probably need
30 12x14
50 BS shallow
And frames if they are avaliable.

Kev

If you buy your foundation now how do you store it? ie in a sealed tin or just how it comes.

I will need 150, 14x12 and 150/200 supers.

Don't mind collecting 50/60 miles each way.

I can collect for the south east area.

Just ensure people are clear about quantity - 10 sheets per pack- state if 30 packs or 30 sheets!!

im interest ( and maybe another beek or two) in the south east, essex area.

looking at from the top of my head...

100+ shallow and 100 deep wired

Maybe 50 or so commercial/langsroth brood wax.

TB

That takes us pretty close to £1000 in a day.

Smiles

PH

Latest posts

Back