Forum mods powers.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny old world! Before this forum I was an old fart beekeeper. Several people smashed my early posts into pulp telling me my beliefs were myth and my advice was outdated. RAB was my main enemy but looking back on it I deserved all I got. I sometime struggle to make Finny understand but he too has loads of useful knowledge. Suffice it to say that if it wasn't for this forum I would never have grown in my knowledge, I would never have tried new ideas and I would certainly be teaching others myths and twoddle thanks to all those who have endeavoured to educate me over the years. And big thanks to those who run a good forum that others would not be able to get close to in professionalism.!
Love you ALL ❤️

Funny old world! Before this forum I was an old fart beekeeper. Several people smashed my early posts into pulp telling me my beliefs were myth and my advice was outdated. RAB was my main enemy but looking back on it I deserved all I got. I sometime struggle to make Finny understand but he too has loads of useful knowledge. Suffice it to say that if it wasn't for this forum I would never have grown in my knowledge, I would never have tried new ideas and I would certainly be teaching others myths and twoddle thanks to all those who have endeavoured to educate me over the years. And big thanks to those who run a good forum that others would not be able to get close to in professionalism.!
Love you ALL ❤
Enrico. We all deserve a pat on the back for sticking with it. Yes tough love sometimes but worth it

We can all change our minds and/or find better ways to do things. Isn't that, the wish not to have stuff 'set in stone' the very reason that ITLD gave for not wanting to write a book?

I remember coming across a thread from ages ago which discussed Demaree. It was notable for the fact that there were several "versions" of Demaree being offered by participants which, by definition, weren't the original Demaree.

@Into the lions den was notable for the fact that he went away, consulted the books and came back, graciously conceding that someone else had made a correct point.

That's the sort of humility and fairness which is sometimes lacking here.

Love you ALL ❤
Yes, and snap.:iagree::thanks:

Alot of beekeepers on here have inspired my thinking and with out this forum I probably would of given up, Bkf has given me confidence in my beekeeping @mbc hit the nail on the head with his earlier post, there Is a valid community on here and I to have made some really good friends.. Im young and maybe a bit over tutchy at times so please forgive me.
Angie has cleared a few things with me and I just want to keep learning.
Hinesite is a wonderful thing and from now on I will post slowly and make sure they are on the subject in hand........

So that’s all good then. Once again I missed all the drama.....ho hum.
Without help from the forum, I would have been well where I am today in terms of understanding and development and really value the forum.
Just keep on keeping on folks😀

Alot of beekeepers on here have inspired my thinking and with out this forum I probably would of given up, Bkf has given me confidence in my beekeeping @mbc hit the nail on the head with his earlier post, there Is a valid community on here and I to have made some really good friends.. Im young and maybe a bit over tutchy at times so please forgive me.
Angie has cleared a few things with me and I just want to keep learning.
Hinesite is a wonderful thing and from now on I will post slowly and make sure they are on the subject in hand........
I want to 'like' this post.... but make sure you stay true to yourself, don't change to suit everyone else! I reckon this forum would be a Lot quieter without you making the effort to start new threads.

B+ has left the forum so at least you have one less combatant
?
This is a great pity, B+ gave a lot to this forum from his knowledge and commitment. Perhaps he should be begged to return and once again share his wisdom!!!

I want to 'like' this post.... but make sure you stay true to yourself, don't change to suit everyone else! I reckon this forum would be a Lot quieter without you making the effort to start new threads.
Thanks mate I will always be true to myself I'm no camelian :LOL::giggle:

This is a great pity, B+ gave a lot to this forum from his knowledge and commitment. Perhaps he should be begged to return and once again share his wisdom!!!
No. I hope no one will beg him on my behalf. Shame his knowledge and specific insight has gone but it was his choice, maybe if he changes his mind he will beg to come back.... maybe not. Who knows.

Hi
No. I hope no one will beg him on my behalf. Shame his knowledge and specific insight has gone but it was his choice, maybe if he changes his mind he will beg to come back.... maybe not. Who knows.
OK folks I’d appreciate it if this thread didn’t rehash this all over again.
For a couple of days the forum has kept me awake and given me nightmares when asleep. 😂😂
Extraction time soon. We can all swank about our yields soon then go on to argue about making syrup

Hi

OK folks I’d appreciate it if this thread didn’t rehash this all over again.
For a couple of days the forum has kept me awake and given me nightmares when asleep. 😂😂
Extraction time soon. We can all swank about our yields soon then go on to argue about making syrup
Just to be clear, there's no malice in my post. Just a straight forward belief that it's for each of us to decide if we wish to move on. I for one will happily continue to follow his twitter feed.

Angie and the admin team have access to all PMs. - Note 'admin team' are NOT the mods.

Never, ever, ever, ever say anything in PM you don't want others knowing. Get someone's email or phone number and whatsapp number. This forum is USA owned and operated, not UK, with Panama also being listed as an address. I have no idea what country's laws it follows, as I can't see it in the Terms and Rules!

Therefore, tell it as little as possible!
No, we do not and I never have had it.

I think an excellent upgrade to the platform would be if there was a time limit (say, 4 minutes) on editing your post before it becomes "locked". This is what some other sites do (e.g. the FT). It would be complicated to put in place of course, but in an ideal world .....
That could be done. But the uproar would disturb the hives.

<Snip>

Just a pity that there seems less depth than there used to be.

Or is it that the forum has shared a great depth of knowledge with you in which you now more confidently and freely swim?

I remember when I first joined the forum how difficult it was to share new knowledge. That knowledge having been shared now has a life of its own and so my interaction with the forum feels less intense....not so deep. But it is only a perception. The forum is quite strong, confident and mature.

No, we do not and I never have had it.

Are they encrypted in the database? Before you answer, know I administer forums, and know my way around XF

How's about answering my other question as well? Which countries laws does this forum adhere to? UK? USA? Panama?

One of the "benefits" of paid membership is that you have unlimited editing time. Someone must think this is a feature which is an attractive perk.

Incorrect information:

1626883194311.png

The door is open and he can come back at any time with no hard feelings from me. Maybe he just needed a breather and a good think. So, please don't get too worried. He will be welcome back when he decides to come back.

Now let's close this and move on to bee keeping. I've been learning a few things as I come and visit.

I never knew about how bee hives divide, and I've learned that.
I've learned about mongrel bees and AI bees and things in between.
And why some want to enhance via AI and keep strong via some local mongrel blood.
and the thought of collecting sperm to AI a queen boggles my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back