Forum mods powers.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curly green finger's

If you think you know all, you actually know nowt!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
86 + nucs/ mini nucs
Evening all, if mods can see what you've edited in posts which I feel is a bit of an infringement of your privacy, meaning if I right something and don't want anyone to see it by editing it why should they have the power to read what you have edited even if its a message to them.
Does this go the same for PM's...?
A recent thread of mine was deleted after talking about past tence and it seems that we were talking and laughing about it like children.
Also @Erichalfbee please don't think because I've used a Certian substance in the past that it has anything to do with my mental health because you are wrong.
I won't be confiding in you ever again or private messaging you.
In confidence I pm pargyle and he tryed twisting it and throwing it back in my face.
This forum is brilliant and I would be lost without it but it does make me feel like I don't want to post.
What are forum members thoughts.
C. G. F

Firstly, No Mods cannot see PM's.

The reason why history is always available to moderators (on any forums) is that once you have posted it someone may have seen it, anyt subsequent discussion or complaint need to see the full post not a rethought one after the event ... the advice should lways be think before you hit the 'post reply' button - if it's something you subsequently decide you didn't want to be seen why write it in the first place ? Post in haste - regret at leisure.

Your thread regarding Cannabis was taking a distinct turn for the worse - the forum is a public place and there is a duty on the owners and moderators to keep it a place that can sustain public viewing without inviting criticism. I didn't delete your thread but I can see why it was removed.

If you feel uncomfortable posting on here because what you fear is criticism then perhaps it's not the best place to air your creative side ....

Is there something in the air lately?
And we can see what is edited due to some sneaky folks liking to edit out what caused a problem string of posts and when they don't like the reaction they go back and edit. The try to put the halo on and look as pure as the first snow. It is built into the s/w.

And as pargyle said, a thread can be pulled due to the content of several of the subsequent posts, and not just the topic or first post.

Very good. Enjoy your fire pit. They are great to sit around and roast marshmallows or just relax.

Personally I think the forum is much better now than it was with far less playing the man rather than the ball. Strikes me that it's a simple rule to follow that if you wouldn't say it to someone's face then don't say it on the forum, and if you do then say it on the forum regardless then don't be surprised if the mods intervene.

Evening all, if mods can see what you've edited in posts which I feel is a bit of an infringement of your privacy, meaning if I right something and don't want anyone to see it by editing it why should they have the power to read what you have edited even if its a message to them.
Does this go the same for PM's...?
A recent thread of mine was deleted after talking about past tence and it seems that we were talking and laughing about it like children.
Also @Erichalfbee please don't think because I've used a Certian substance in the past that it has anything to do with my mental health because you are wrong.
I won't be confiding in you ever again or private messaging you.
In confidence I pm pargyle and he tryed twisting it and throwing it back in my face.
This forum is brilliant and I would be lost without it but it does make me feel like I don't want to post.
What are forum members thoughts.
C. G. F

Come on now Curly.

I think the "talking and laughing about it like children" comment was just a bit of tongue a cheek banter, no offense was intended, so just let it go.

The mental health remarks were clearly derived from ignorance. Again they were intended as words of caution and advice, although maybe some what misguided, the intention was good. So please forgive the ignorance of the comments and dont let them offend you.

You clearly know the guys on this forum better than me, so I dont need to tell you what they are like. So dont go falling out with people you have clearly had good relations with in the past, its not worth it.

Mods did not like the subject, pulled the thread, their forum, their rules, end of.....

PM me anytime if you want to chat. I dont get many PMs :cry:

It's there for a reason and the reason is so it can be pulled and you can be held acountable for your threats, discrimination, racisem the list goes on. Oh and yes your pms are recorded including alterations and can be used as evidence. It's a good thing because if someone has a problem it can be used to sort them out

Last edited:
One thing which does annoy me is when we use the 'like' button, then the poster returns and edits the post we liked in such a way as to materially change its meaning. I think it would be nice if everyone agreed not to change their posts after receiving a 'like' as I've been assured that it's not possible for the person who left the 'like' to be notified of such changes.

Well I can’t see anybody’s PMs but my own
This is a prime example of why its wise to use quotes so we understand why you made the post as you did, because things change!!

They are there and stay there for a reason and can be pulled even yours. You may not be able to see them but there's man who can
Yes of course I realise that. What I tried to clarify was that neither Pargyle Swarm or I sneak looks at anybody’s private conversations. Of course the owners retain all the data on here.

Angie and the admin team have access to all PMs. - Note 'admin team' are NOT the mods.

Never, ever, ever, ever say anything in PM you don't want others knowing. Get someone's email or phone number and whatsapp number. This forum is USA owned and operated, not UK, with Panama also being listed as an address. I have no idea what country's laws it follows, as I can't see it in the Terms and Rules!

Therefore, tell it as little as possible!

Come on now Curly.

I think the "talking and laughing about it like children" comment was just a bit of tongue a cheek banter, no offense was intended, so just let it go.

The mental health remarks were clearly derived from ignorance. Again they were intended as words of caution and advice, although maybe some what misguided, the intention was good. So please forgive the ignorance of the comments and dont let them offend you.

You clearly know the guys on this forum better than me, so I dont need to tell you what they are like. So dont go falling out with people you have clearly had good relations with in the past, its not worth it.

Mods did not like the subject, pulled the thread, their forum, their rules, end of.....

PM me anytime if you want to chat. I dont get many PMs :cry:
I think the ignorance came from the perpetrators of the discussion not the responders having seen up close the mess that the stuff can cause I can attest to that

What I tried to clarify was that neither Pargyle Swarm or I sneak looks at anybody’s private conversations.
....but could a moderator with a different moral outlook or legal necessity do so? I think it's important to know that.

No they can't and I do wish this constant stirring and troublemaking would desist

@Curly green finger's has asked for members' thoughts, regarding his question; asking further questions is not "troublemaking".

He does sound quite hurt by the interactions he's had with moderators and he's prompted me to think a bit more deeply about the mechanisms of the forum; I find the subject quite intriguing
Whilst it was live, I think I was viewing the thread to he refers; it did wander into an area which some people would consider to be controversial on an open forum. I found the disussion quite amusing and Mark showed a depth of knowledge of a subject in which I am ignorant. This was followed by an amusing cheeky/sarcastic comment by a moderator which probably summarised a lot of peoples' thoughts on the conversation. I don't think that comment relied on any "inside" knowledge gleaned from private messages.....I "got" it very easily. ;)

Reactions: mbc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back