Electric honey extractor for £1000

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly green finger's

If you think you know all, you actually know nowt!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
30+
Hi any recommendations for an electric honey extractor for around £1000 pls.
I've still got hard skin on the inside of my right hand from the spring.
I've got to speed things up, as I'm using a 4 frame old school bad boy! And I want less ear ache.
Cheers.

Looks a good price, will it pass through a doorway?
S

I plan to unpack it today, so I'll let you know if it fits through the kitchen door!

I'm hoping that the vertical (rather than splayed-out) legs will allow it to go through a door without partially dismantling it.

I plan to unpack it today, so I'll let you know if it fits through the kitchen door!

I'm hoping that the vertical (rather than splayed-out) legs will allow it to go through a door without partially dismantling it.

Many thanks, I don't want to spend my time dismantling each time we need to move.
S
PS we have had an Abelo extractor for some time now and found it a great bit of kit but is now getting too small for our needs

I’ve got that model and it’s good, the only thing I would say is with these cheaper models the honey storage at the bottom is limited as you want to keep some in the tank to help as ballast. I also screw to a couple of layers of ply roughly same dimensions as legs but give yourself a foot plate in front of controls. Ian

The Abelo 'Classic' 20 frame radial is less that £1,000.00 and fits through a standard doorway, I'm sure if you called them they'd do a deal - as Dani said, Damian would probably throw in four tangetial screens if you push him.
I paid cash on the nail and got the whole lot for under £900.00

Many thanks, I don't want to spend my time dismantling each time we need to move.
S
PS we have had an Abelo extractor for some time now and found it a great bit of kit but is now getting too small for our needs

The legs aren't as straight as they look in the photo on Abelo's website, however the good news is the extractor easily passed through our external kitchen door from the garage.

The door has a maximum opening of 71 cm / 28 in.

The extractor drum is 63.5 cm / 25 in. in diameter.

The legs protrude a little and the toe-toe dimension is 68 cm / just under 27 in.

LysonExtractor.jpg

I bought a nine-frame Lyson tangential from Abelo, very pleased with it. I preferred a radial but the comb support is good, and you can flip the cages without taking the frames out.

The legs aren't as straight as they look in the photo on Abelo's website, however the good news is the extractor easily passed through our external kitchen door from the garage.

The door has a maximum opening of 71 cm / 28 in.

The extractor drum is 63.5 cm / 25 in. in diameter.

The legs protrude a little and the toe-toe dimension is 68 cm / just under 27 in.

View attachment 18269

Be aware - if you are planning to put castors on the end of the legs, the torque transmitted down the leg where the motor is mounted may well transmit through to the wheel causing the foot to buckle leaving the castor sticking out sideways - I solved this by putting a solid wooden block under that foot, meaning you just have to lift the extractor slightly to trundle it along. Another solution would be to fix the extractor to a piece of 3/4" plywood and fix castors on to that.

Be aware - if you are planning to put castors on the end of the legs, the torque transmitted down the leg where the motor is mounted may well transmit through to the wheel causing the foot to buckle leaving the castor sticking out sideways - I solved this by putting a solid wooden block under that foot, meaning you just have to lift the extractor slightly to trundle it along. Another solution would be to fix the extractor to a piece of 3/4" plywood and fix castors on to that.
Our extractor had this problem when fitted with castors. I welded the bottom bracket of each leg to strengthen, which sorted it out
S

Giordana extractor great piece of kit

Latest posts

Back