Electric honey extractor for £1000

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, useful thread as i have a 20 frame Lyson radial that I thought was ready for action.
I was going to put some castors directly onto the legs but will attach legs to some 3/4 inch ply board and then fix castors to the board.
Screwfix is the easiest place for me to source - what size castors should I go for?

what size castors should I go for?

Bigger the better, as they will roll more easily but cost more. Practically speaking just get ones big enough to match the load and have a rubber tyre, that makes for quieter rolling.

I used 75mm

I have a manual extractor, which wobbles all over the place. Would it be worth me investing in some casters for that?

Would love an electric one, but a bit too expensive at the moment!

Do you think that you recover more honey from an electric one?
Looking for justification of the cost here!
Possibly, but still not sure I would get the business case approved! Hubby and kids might not be too impressed if I spent all the money on an extractor rather than food etc for them.

There you go, spoiling the kids by giving them food! 😊

Quick heads up and not sure if this applies to extractors. My partner ordered up some catering equipment and it came with a 2 pin plug surprised she did a bit of googling and found this https://conversation.which.co.uk/home-energy/plugs-two-pin-british-amazon-electrical-appliances/.............. https://www.pat-testing-training.net/articles/non-uk-plug-adaptors.php..........now I have the abelo purchased last year and they come with a 2 pin plus adaptor so is this legal and if any follow up with the company about their new purchases pls post up the results. Ian

There appears to be an issue with some 2 pin plugs, check the links above.

the links went nowhere.
I think the issue that you are refering to is that some two pin plugs have no earth. The plugs on the Lyson ones supplied by Abelo do have an earth.

The European to UK 3 Pin Converter Plug 13A grounded version is very common and is BS approved. As is the ungrounded version for electrical accessories, which conforms to BS 1363 requirements. These are the sort that the EU plug mounts securely into, not the run of the mill 'travel type' adaptors.

I have a manual extractor, which wobbles all over the place. Would it be worth me investing in some casters for that?

Would love an electric one, but a bit too expensive at the moment!

Yes, makes a huge difference. Just make a simple wooden frame and put castors on it. The difference is huge. My manual fits exactly into an old chopping board thing that we bought from habitat years ago. Took the top off and it sits perfectly inside at a perfect height for extracting and draining.
E

the links went nowhere.
I think the issue that you are refering to is that some two pin plugs have no earth. The plugs on the Lyson ones supplied by Abelo do have an earth.

It’s purely a question if others have come across it or asked I wondered about the response they received, the top link works and is from Which here’s the GOV 1 again. It obviously is an issue with some imports. https://www.pat-testing-training.net/articles/non-uk-plug-adaptors.php

Surely its a matter of five minutes work to cut off the two pin plug and replace it with a three pin?
There was a time that everybody knew how to wire aplug.

Surely its a matter of five minutes work to cut off the two pin plug and replace it with a three pin?
There was a time that everybody knew how to wire aplug.

It is and I am sure most folk do. However the requirements for having moulded plugs on many goods did not exist then. Would your action invalidate any guarantees ?

Latest posts

Back