Recommended electric honey extractor for 3 hive’s

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon.21

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi. On my second year of bee keeping and so far it looks like I’m in danger of having honey to extract this year - last year was a right off. So far got a couple of supers filled and almost capped.
I’ve got 3off 14x12 hives and only plan to have 3 hives in future due to garden size constraints.
Based on this which electric honey extractor would you recommend ? Note ideally I would like to extract 14x12’s.
cheers

Hi. On my second year of bee keeping and so far it looks like I’m in danger of having honey to extract this year - last year was a right off. So far got a couple of supers filled and almost capped.
I’ve got 3off 14x12 hives and only plan to have 3 hives in future due to garden size constraints.
Based on this which electric honey extractor would you recommend ? Note ideally I would like to extract 14x12’s.
cheers
It depends upon your budget ... the quality branded extractors are expensive, more so when they are electric. The cheap imported ones are less reliable and have mixed reviews but a quarter of the price.

With three hives do you really need an electric extractor ? - it will save a bit of time and effort but it's disproportionate to the cost of having the convernience of a motor driven one.

For the amount of use it's going to get I'd be tempted to buy a cheap imported one, you will be able to sell it on, if your hobby grows, for pretty much what you buy it for and if your hobby grows you will need a bigger extractor anyway.

cheers
The cost difference would pay for many hours of handle turning help from a grandchild. 😎

Latest posts

Back