Drinking water via Oasis

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipewrench36

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I bought a lump of Oasis from a local florist, with the intention of putting it in a bowl of water in my apiary for easy access drinking water for the Girls. However the Florist said, "be carefull, it might have bee-harming chemicals in it".
If anyone has experience of using Oasis I would be grateful of any feed back.

My bees have been drinking from a block of green oasis all season with no ill effects, however I have been advised not to use the grey oasis.

There was discussion about this last year, sorry can't find the thread but the general consensus was that it was OK to use.

My bees have been drinking from a block of green oasis all season with no ill effects, however I have been advised not to use the grey oasis.

The grey is for artificial flowers so doesn't absorb moisture. It would just float on the water.

I use pea gravel in a cat litter tray, just keep it moist.

Frisbee

i'd rather my bees drank oasis than sunny delight.

read the ingredients in oasis it isnt any better than sunny d. i was designated driver one night and was drinking oasis all evening and couldnt get to sleep because of the sugar rush in it lol.:sifone:

i my bees just seem to go straight to my chickens water and my chickens just move out the way of them to let them drink.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the input. I am pleased to say it is green oasis, so I will go ahead and use it with confidence. The orange Oasis I will keep for myself.

Latest posts

Back