Do yiou need advices to miserable beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
I have been privilege to read here, how you can stay as miserable beekeeper.
Forget the skills, because you are helpless hobbyist.

But if you want to be a miserable beekeeper, why do you want help, because every beginner is miserable when he starts.

I am hobby beekeeper. Whole my life I have kept 15-30 hives. Bigger amount needs so big store houses that it is not funny any more.

Couple of hives are naturally one difficulty, because with 10 hives experiences will arouse fmuch more than with 2 hives. A beek learn things more with more hives. Colonies are quite individual. They do not act like book says and allways you cannot predict what they have in their mind.

It took me 7 years with 15 hives, and after that I did not met big surprises.
But however, it is a long time to learn things. As long as to study medicine doctor.

Most it would seem from the hobbyist I have met are more than happy to be miserable beekeeperers!

Maybee something "Lost in Translation" here methinks!

I have been privilege to read here, how you can stay as miserable beekeeper.
Forget the skills, because you are helpless hobbyist.

But if you want to be a miserable beekeeper, why do you want help, because every beginner is miserable when he starts.

I am hobby beekeeper. Whole my life I have kept 15-30 hives. Bigger amount needs so big store houses that it is not funny any more.

Couple of hives are naturally one difficulty, because with 10 hives experiences will arouse fmuch more than with 2 hives. A beek learn things more with more hives. Colonies are quite individual. They do not act like book says and allways you cannot predict what they have in their mind.

It took me 7 years with 15 hives, and after that I did not met big surprises.
But however, it is a long time to learn things. As long as to study medicine doctor.

WTF? Did you get up this morning and forget to take your medication?

Now then, JBM, please don't get on your favorite hobby horse, bashing Finman!

At least we have a ball-park figure for how many hives Finman has.

Personally, I think people who have only 15-30 hives know nothing.
I only rate those with 150 or more.

(Over to you, Finman. Or JBM)

Dusty

That is a little uncalled for Winker. :nono:

No, I don't think it was. Actually I used my upmost amount of restraint on that posting. My original thoughts were not family orientated, so I opted for the posting I made.

'Twas only a matter of time - that week stuck in a lecture theatre enduring the tax officer's 'interrogation without torture' course has finally paid off

Dusty

I'm working on it Dusty, but - and I can't believe I'm saying this - I'm running out of kit, the chamber of secrets is looking decidedly bare at the moment!

Last edited:

Dusty

I couldn't possibly comment, not while I'm still laughing.

Chris

it would be nice to have other beekeepers from Finland join the forum to get different views/perspectives on bee management over there, and perhaps also from Sweden. I apologise if we already have these on our members list.

it would be nice to have other beekeepers from Finland join the forum to get different views/perspectives on bee management over there, and perhaps also from Sweden. I apologise if we already have these on our members list.

Are you sure ... ??? Would you like to re-think this post ? There are more like Finman in Finland and a Swede is a Finn without a sense of humour !

I hope the Swedish members of the forum have a sense of humour if they read the above post.

They won't notice the humour .... bit like the jokes about Yorkshiremen having deep pockets and long arms - we just don't get it - isn't that normal ?

True.
See if you get it when you try the saying with "short arms". ;)

/ from an Aberdonian.

You can always tell a Yorkshireman but you can't tell the chaps much !

Why keep bees if it makes you miserable ?

...Personally, I think people who have only 15-30 hives know nothing.

Beekeeping is a different game whether you have 1 hive, 2, 5, 15, 40, or 100+
Different considerations (and different possibilities) come into play at every stage.
I think its something that most forget, most of the time.
Unfortunately!

I only rate those with 150 or more
Dusty

Well, get you.... I love a smart arse. :rolleyes:

And think Finman talks sense- also I would love to see some of your communication on a Finnish website-and always come across as perfectly understood or understandable. He doesnt mean to sound arrogant- just informative and helpful- but disdains idiots - and bless them, we have a few on here.

Also met someone with loads of hives - and they don't know a varroa from a hive beetle!!! Or what either are.

Just don't be miserable re your beekeeping. We all have good and bad times. If you are well enough to lift a super- be grateful... and run 2 hives healthily- then crack on. Enjoy
Dusty- behave .. or were you extracting the urine again??:toetap05:.

Back