clear jelly at entrance ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still can't upload pictures for some odd reason.
So, this morning I dissected a pad and indeed there are small crystals in between the layers and when wet look just like the entrance jelly. Does that sound right;-) may just use tissue for the next round:)

But not loo roll (unless your bees have nosema and can make use of it)

haha I will let you off Red.

Possibly this may be Methyl cellulose?
used in high absorbency baby nappies ( did loads of research including core sampling of landfill sites looking for remnants of disposables... comparison to terry washable ones... in another life!)
Wiki has this
Methyl cellulose is used as a variable viscosity personal lubricant; it is the main ingredient in K-Y Jelly.
So ... what flavour was it ?

Why do I keep looking at this thread,

It's called compulsion revulsion ....or is it revulsion compulsion ? Anyway, it's what makes people watch trashy gory blood curdling horror films ...

You need compulsion revulsion avoidance therapy ... read a bee book !

When you have read so many bee books they all seem to sound the same in the end with only slight variations between chapters where their on philosophy appears, I find the older ones are a better read and an insight into modern history of apiculture which paved the way to beekeeping as we know it

When you have read so many bee books they all seem to sound the same in the end with only slight variations between chapters where their on philosophy appears, I find the older ones are a better read and an insight into modern history of apiculture which paved the way to beekeeping as we know it

:yeahthat: I think a lot of the newer bee books are just digests of other newer beebooks ... when you read the old ones they all have a style and ideas of their own ... perhaps in those days people were more experimental and thought about their beekeeping in a more empirical way. Not that they always got it right ....

It was tasteless for sure and ouderless. No thymol scent at all. They have their second round on now so we will see. Cooler weather round the corner so maybe no expelling of goo.
:sorry:

is it on the ground in front of the entrance or on the landing board. If it on the ground it has nothing to do with bees, but a lot to do with what comes out of the rear end of frogs.
Does it look like this

Back