chat? 8.30 p.m. sat eve, anyone?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Saturday evening chat show is to become a regular session then might i add that it might bee a good idea to have a topic to chat about so we have some questions ready to ask other members?

This, in my opinion will be a good educational section for us all, as we are all still learning from year to year.

Regards;

If the Saturday evening chat show is to become a regular session then might i add that it might bee a good idea to have a topic to chat about so we have some questions ready to ask other members?

This, in my opinion will be a good educational section for us all, as we are all still learning from year to year.

Regards;

suggestions for next saturdays chat are now invited. (sensible ones preferred):hat:

As the season has not started yet what about "Microscopy" for pollen identification and diseases such as Nosema?

I agree if we have a common topic for an evening it would get more members interested.

OK I'll second that.

So my question is;

Are Nosema checks really necessary?

Regards;

My question about Pollen is;

What does the different types of pollen tell the beekeeper in terms of nutrition?

Regards;

I might add...do we really have to have such set questions on a Saturday night when one is logged on with a glass of wine/beer in hand ?

I'd much rather a general chat on but if some people wanted to discuss a certain topic such as the above suggestions, perhaps they should use either another time slot, or use a different window on the chat room (ie invite to own room) so as not to put everyone, especially new beeks, off.

just my HO !

regards

S

That's an honest opinion and quite rightly so.
If you would like a general chat about the weather or any off beekeeping topic then that is catered for in the forum. On saying that the forum also caters for any beekeeping questions. So what we have here is a catch 22 situation.

Do the members think at this stage a poll might come in handy?
This would inform members of what they think or would like on a Saturday evening chat show.

What's your opinion on that everyone?

Regards;

Moderation in all things folks. Go with the flow is a good idea and is what will happen anyway, but to have a starting subject to get the ball rolling is likely to help the one or two that might otherwise turn up with a blank agenda only to find themselves staring at each other for a while.

Did anyone ask about waxmoths and lavendar last Saturday? I wasn't able to make it as I had a prior engagement.
:)

A bit of speed typing practice might come in handy too.

Last edited:
it was a general chat, no specific topics, and a friendly event. I think the specifics are dealt with in the forum, which gives folk the chance to get several different perspectives on the same subject!! No doubt, when the bees are more active as the year progresses, then I think the chat wil be more for 'instant advice' (or instant bragging). Anyway, if you ain't up to much else on a sat eve, why not pour a glass of your favourite tipple, and join in?? :cheers2:

Sorry can't make it off out to celebrate my birthday! Happy chatting though..

hope you have a good night out :cheers2:, gandalfwhitewizard. !!

hopefully see afew others in 'chat' ?

Thanks to all the many participants for the Chat this evening.

Don't forget for those that can make it, Same time same place next Saturday evening.
:cheers2:

Latest posts

Back