Ccd

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDWOOD

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I was lead to believe that there have been no cases of CCD in the UK, is this true.

Why do you ask Redwood

I was wondering about this, it seems to be only where masses of hive are farmed and travel huge distances!?, but we certainly have CTD "T" being Theft by a wave of bee familiar people!.

Why do you ask Redwood

Someone across the pond suggested that we had a big outbreak in 2008, I asked him where he had his information from but has declined to reply. I done a bit or research and can't find anything suggesting that we did

In my opinion ccd is a result of bad beekeeping

In my opinion ccd is a result of bad beekeeping

It does not seem to have been a problem for a few years, so the bad beekeeping must of suddenly got better.

I joined that "Bad Beekeeping Club" a few years back... my bees thrived on the lack of inspections every few days, tedious requeening at the beginning of every season allowing, encouraging, to swarm and total lack of any "winter trickle" or laborious measuring out of the correct amount of water to add to the 2:1 feed.
Never set my car alight with a smoker as it always goes out by the time I get to the third or fourth colony!!!

And I thought CCD was yet another digital computer thimmigi gizmo watsit !

Latest posts

Back