bottling honey tips

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
when filing jars, we always get a drip on side of jar

hard to avoid but also hard to clean easily without ultimately making more jars slightly sticky

how do others avoid this?

ha

well, when you get the flow just right there is a good rhythm to it

have been told tho....will close the gate

If I get my specs on and get a rhythm going, I find I can time it to partially close the gate, without securing it and then get another jar in, between the time one drip retracts and the next one starts.

Last edited:
If I get my specs on and get a rhythm going, I find I can time it to partially close the gate, witout securing it and then get another jar in, between the time one drip retracts and the next one starts.

That's living on the edge, that is :D

James

Even when closing the gate in between jars I still often get a little drizzle of honey on the side of a few jars, amazing how it then spreads and labelling would be messy.
Once I have securely sealed all jars and double checked the lids are tight, I then wash the jars and place them on a towel to dry off before storing. They are then labeled just prior to selling

I have our jar on a weighing scale when the gate is open, close the gate at the right weight and have a teaspoon to catch the odd drip before the next jar sits on the scales.
How does everyone make sure the weight is correct unless you have an automatic filling machine?

I have our jar on a weighing scale when the gate is open, close the gate at the right weight and have a teaspoon to catch the odd drip before the next jar sits on the scales.
How does everyone make sure the weight is correct unless you have an automatic filling machine?
It doesn’t matter to within a few grams. I use digital kitchen scales.

Latest posts

Back