Beetradex

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too far for me.
I need some Paynes poly nuc plastic crown boards. If anybody is going to the WBKA convention as well and would be generous enough to get them for me I would be over the moon.

Yes
A longish list of others' orders to complete...

Too far for me.
I need some Paynes poly nuc plastic crown boards. If anybody is going to the WBKA convention as well and would be generous enough to get them for me I would be over the moon.

I can always grab them in the BBKA convention - you can have them when you come to hear Derek M speak at Swansea if you still plan to (or one of the ECBKA talks where i will also be.

I can always grab them in the BBKA convention - you can have them when you come to hear Derek M speak at Swansea if you still plan to (or one of the ECBKA talks where i will also be.
Derek is giving a talk in Swansea? Details?

I Have been to tradex today. A little disappointing. I thought there were not the number of stands and many fewer people than last year. I also mentally earmarked some bargains and when I went back they had sold out!! Hey Ho!

I Have been to tradex today. A little disappointing. I thought there were not the number of stands and many fewer people than last year.

I was not sure if there were less people or it just seemed that way because of the bigger hall.
I ordered some items to collect from three suppliers, but one forgot to bring my order. Looked at some very good equipment and decided upon buying in future. As usual, some suppliers brought only a very small part of their range and as Sod's Law determines, two thirds of the items I wanted to look at were not there, but still got some bargains.

I Have been to tradex today. A little disappointing. I thought there were not the number of stands and many fewer people than last year. I also mentally earmarked some bargains and when I went back they had sold out!! Hey Ho!

I arrived early and there were queues before 9am waiting to enter. The big stands: Maisies, Thornes and Mann Lake (not there in 2014 I think) appeared as busy as usual.. all staff engaged with customers.

I don't know about overall numbers - the hall appeared bigger .

Some of the missing people were at the Derbyshire BKA conference also held today. Good speakers and good food. What more could you want!

I was there today, have to agree on the mental shopping list that I was going to return to get, luckily though I just made it for most of my list before they went.
Not been before so I couldn't compare but overall I thought it was good although some items took some searching to find.
One shocker for me was a frame holder, the same (or very similar) holder ranged from £11.50 on one stand to £2.00 on another... Guess which I went for :)
Picked up some Eeks and top feeders for Poly Nucs, rapid feeder, some feed and a couple of mating Nucs.
Oh and some swarm Pheromone.

Last edited:
One shocker for me was a frame holder, the same (or very similar) holder ranged from £11.50 on one stand to £2.00 on another.
I have frame holders - they're called hands - why do you need a bracket to hang frames on outside the brood box? if you really need to, just shake the bees off and lean against the hive.

Well, That's what I have been doing until now, but I thought rather than resting the frame on the ground where it might fall over and get damaged and with me having a dodgy back as well, if I had a very easy convenient place to put that frame while I'm working it might help me out.
I'm sure you you can do all kinds of things without additional gadgets but there's no point in not taking advantage of something that might make life just a little easier, especially if it only cost £2.00
Unless of course you're one of those folk who are extremely pig headed and only ever see one way (their way) of doing something.

Last edited:
Good day I thought.
Went in early, got some stuff, went to the Bee farmers AGM and then back in the trade hall for 2nds.

Big hall, well attended I thought, more traders and punters than the last 2 years I thought.

Well, That's what I have been doing until now, but I thought rather than resting the frame on the ground where it might fall over and get damaged and with me having a dodgy back as well, if I had a very easy convenient place to put that frame while I'm working it might help me out.
I'm sure you you can do all kinds of things without additional gadgets but there's no point in not taking advantage of something that might make life just a little easier, especially if it only cost £2.00
Unless of course you're one of those folk who are extremely pig headed and only ever see one way (their way) of doing something.

:yeahthat: well said :)

Back