The Beekeeping Show 2024

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodenBeam

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
More than a few
Surprised not to have seen a thread about this? Maybe I’ve missed & if so apologies.

Spent a day at the trade exhibition in Telford on Saturday. Really pleased that this appears to be growing into the event that the original BeeTradeX was. Well supported with a large number of European manufacturers equipment on display in addition to the majority of UK equipment producers.
In additional to the above a wide variety of topics covered in the seminar area where demo’s & talks were taking place.
Well done to the National Uncapper boys who were in attendance, I hope they had a busy successful day.

Rawlins were there taking jar orders and I think the cost was lower than the current BFA offer. £40 per box of round 282ml jars (=340g honey) delivered FOC, no minimum order quantity.

Rawlins were there taking jar orders and I think the cost was lower than the current BFA offer. £40 per box of round 282ml jars (=340g honey) delivered FOC, no minimum order quantity.
If that’s for a box of 72 including lids it’s a good price but it’s just made me realise why I use hex jars!!!!!!!

A quick check against some BFA prices - round jars more expensive with BFA, hex jars more expensive at show.
May well be but is meer mortals can't get these jars.

Show was excellent and growing with atrengh. The facilities are really very good and make Stoneleigh look very old, worn and tatty.

Maisore, well their loss
Freeman Harding - their loss bought from Rawlings at the show for second year running.

Maisore, well their loss
Maisemores is a small family firm, they decided some time ago (I think covid was the tipping point) that the days of work, stress and disruption in preparing and taking down a show just wasn't worth it, the only one they do now is the Welsh convention as they all enjoy it and it's not too far.

Maisemores is a small family firm, they decided some time ago (I think covid was the tipping point) that the days of work, stress and disruption in preparing and taking down a show just wasn't worth it, the only one they do now is the Welsh convention as they all enjoy it and it's not too far.
They do the NHS as well.

Latest posts

Back