TradeX

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodenBeam

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
More than a few
Excellent day spent at this event yesterday - a lot busier than last year........

Good to see yet more exhibitors, the Sloveniens have now added to the mix of equipment producers from Hungary, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Poland & France - not forgetting the UK.

John T, nice to meet a fellow forum member and hope you’ve still got a voice, well done on the launch of your product and good luck with the next idea of yours. Thank you for providing something which appears to tick all the boxes at an affordable price.

Tanker John, apologies, spotted you in the distance and then no more. Will have to wait till the next event.

If any of the exhibitors frequent this forum, thank you for attending & I hope you had a successful event.

It seemed like there was a lot of money being taken all over the place.

I managed to remain fairly restrained and only came back with the things I planned to get. A Sentinel suit to try to get around this sensitivity, a couple of nuc box entrances and some more fondant.

I nearly bought a load of other stuff but controlled myself!

Got there early, was surprised to see a queue on both the 'Cash' and 'Pre-paid' tickets, I think this needs improving for future events. Very busy as the morning moved on, it was good to seen such a cross section of exhibiters there. I did see John T and his 'Gas-Vap' he looked really busy so I didn't stop to say hello. Perhaps I should have bit the bullet and had a stall to show off both my Jar and Tamper labels. Everyone I arranged to see to give them sample were very positive towards them, I am amazed how many large scale beekeepers still apply labels by hand.

Got there early, was surprised to see a queue on both the 'Cash' and 'Pre-paid' tickets, I think this needs improving for future events. Very busy as the morning moved on, it was good to seen such a cross section of exhibiters there. I did see John T and his 'Gas-Vap' he looked really busy so I didn't stop to say hello. Perhaps I should have bit the bullet and had a stall to show off both my Jar and Tamper labels. Everyone I arranged to see to give them sample were very positive towards them, I am amazed how many large scale beekeepers still apply labels by hand.

sorry I missed you, was busy with meeting most of the afternoon, and it was manic all morning. got away from there about 4

Sorry woodenbeam, will catch up sometime, first time I have been and thought it a good day out. Spent loads too much, did have a good deal from the big T on clear tamp labels though.
Impressed with build quality of Lyson Melliflow but will probably stick with another API Melter.
Fritz equipment as ever is outstanding but £68 for a ball valve is a bit rich.

Fritz equipment as ever is outstanding but £68 for a ball valve is a bit rich.
Cheapskate :icon_204-2:
Was that with BF discount???

Lyson creamer for me & a gas Vap from John T.

Accosted a lady in the car park about an auto jarring table plus head she’d purchased from Abelo as this is the next consideration for me. Design of table (rail to ensure empty jars don’t fall off) and pricing swayed her to Abelo v Swienty. Have yet to really look at in depth but yesterdays event was a good place to start.

As already said good to see the number of manufacturers in attendance - have never heard of Logar previously but have since had a look over their website. They have a ome interesting thoughts with regard to their designs - double tap on some of their extractors - lower tap to completely drain, slightly higher tap for run off during extraction. Weight in the bottom of extractor for additional stability - can sort of see where they’re coming from.

Without BFA discount, had already ordered a honey/wax separator, was hoping they might have thrown in the valve,����.

Did anyone else get a free veil from the OZ-Armour stand?
very nice lady gave us one, which was quite handy as we were looking to buy one for mowing the lawn.
Didn't think all the prices were that cheap compared to what you can get from the same suppliers on line?
Did get a good deal on jars from Compac, so was worth going.
Just need some honey to fill them now.
Was nice to meek up with some of the WLBK that my better half knows.

Swienty filler for me. They hold there money really well should the need arise for a faster unit

We arrived at around 09:30 and as previously stated, were surprised to see not only a long queue but also the volume of gear already being wheeled out!
managed to get most of the bits and pieces from my shopping list but didn't buy any Nucs, Hives or Hive parts as I was planning as the Prices were pretty much normal ones.

My Brother did buy Swienty National complete with 2 supers for £91.00 which was a good bit cheaper than Maisemore which was his original trader choice and better quality.

Was very tempted by the Orient Bee supplies prices! nearly bought an electric extractor from them simply to use the speed controlled, reversible motor to use on my own extractor, at £300.00 for the whole thing it was £115.00 cheaper than just a Motor from Thornes.

Impulse buys were a vented jacket from a new supplier starting up which I thought looked good quality for the money and a teeny smoker keyring :)

Latest posts

Back