Beetight is closing down

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is/was an online beekeeping recording service. I've been using it for years and have been quite happy with it.

So now beetight is closing, I'm exploring building my own system. It might prove beyind my limited technical skills but it'll be an interesting experiment,

I use a basic spreadsheet (LibreOffice) on my PC and have a copy on dropbox which allows me to use it in the field on my android phone.

Never store important data offsite without an upto date local copy.
I'm amazed anyone would do that.

so does a piece of paper
Indeed, but I can open Numbers and look back over the hive/queen records (years) or carry the paper copy I fill doing inspections. Lot of paper to carry in the truck though and rather keep that in the filling system. Also use coloured pins and write on the hives, depends what area of the operation i'm covering. I use Lucidchart to track/map the hard stuff. Couple of white calendar mag boards covered in sticky notes to track the queen side.

We only have 5 hives on the garden so paper and a pen great for us, transfer the info into our book over a cup of tea after every inspection

Indeed, but I can open Numbers and look back over the hive/queen records (years) or carry the paper copy I fill doing inspections. Lot of paper to carry in the truck though and rather keep that in the filling system. Also use coloured pins and write on the hives, depends what area of the operation i'm covering. I use Lucidchart to track/map the hard stuff. Couple of white calendar mag boards covered in sticky notes to track the queen side.
What is Numbers?

I use a piece of paper / card / smoker fuel because I forgot my paper+ photos in the field, sometimes I write on the hive in chalk then take a picture, then write it up on a spreadsheet.

Briefly went on the beetight website - if you have been using it like the OP you can download your data in a csv so all is not lost yet... but be quick.

It is/was an online beekeeping recording service. I've been using it for years and have been quite happy with it.

So now beetight is closing, I'm exploring building my own system. It might prove beyind my limited technical skills but it'll be an interesting experiment,

If you really want to develop your own but have limited tech skill, maybe Microsoft forms will do enough for you? You can create questions with set answers to pick from etc and also insert free text boxes and its available on mobile.

I can thoroughly recommend Api-Manager.
It was developed about 7 years ago by a friend of a friend who was also a beekeeper. Itworks so well at recording everything needed for the day to day and seasonal recording.
I think that it is still free for hobbyists with up to 12 hives, but the cost for a small commercial user is very low.
It can be found at:
https://apimanager.net

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 13.36.38.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 13.36.38.png
    43 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back