Bee line ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Launceston that's very close to me. I have seen a hive high up in a garden. Well the garden is high up and next door they have dug out the hill to develop it. One wrong move and that beek would fall to their death. Icanhopit - in the town itself or outlying village?

Last edited:
if you move them now, then none of the young bees have flown more than a few hundred yards and will have no flight path memory outside that area.

The old bees will anyway shortly die even if they have a flight path memory which is very unlikey as they were born after the main forage season

you Bees will never find their old flight paths

Simple- move them 3 feet a day.

Everyone should have a hobby ;)

Storm™;112402 said:
Launceston that's very close to me. I have seen a hive high up in a garden. Well the garden is high up and next door they have dug out the hill to develop it. One wrong move and that beek would fall to their death. Icanhopit - in the town itself or outlying village?

Seen that one... wonder how the got planning.... I am south of Launceston in the Tamar Valley..... silver mining country... hence the fossiking!bee-smillie

Latest posts

Back