Apivar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi folks, I got a delivery of twenty mated queens at the begging of september, three ended up being drone layers so contacted the supplier and got told something must have happened after introduction e.g varoa treatment, I use Apivar strips. As far as I know poor mating or a Queen running out causes them to become a drone layer, is there any evidence that the strips can cause this to happen ?

some queens just run out of juice, it happens. The supplier would have proven them before sending them, did they lay
some queens just run out of juice, it happens. The supplier would have proven them before sending them, did they lay normally on introduction?

some queens just run out of juice, it happens. The supplier would have proven them before sending them, did they lay normally on introduction?
This was there first three frames of brood and all were obviously drone

This was there first three frames of brood and all were obviously drone
I noticed your mention of beginning of September, it's only just gone into October so one brood cycle, max. I take it you checked and the introduced queens are still there? Poorly mated queen IMO and a disappointing response from the supplier.

Latest posts

Back