Bee Equipment closing down .

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be fuming if he's taken my order with all the sales emails going out and then liquidated it 2 days later, must be guilty of some kind of fraud if it doesn't get honoured? And does ShopPay cover my purchase? I've only got a debit card :-/

Are they just trading under a different name now?
Their accounts are overdue - Y/E November 2023 should have been filed in August - not a good sign but it does not mean they are insolvent or in liquidation. He could just have closed the doors. He took back control from the Hagen lady in March of this year and he's now the only director. I think his marketing emails are largely automated so can't read much into that.

The beekeeping supply business has been tough in the UK in the last few years and whilst Bee Equipment had their problems it's always healthy to have some competition in the market place so it is sad that is an end to Patrick's beekeeping supply business.

Better to keep our comments factual for the time being - all we have at present is the public statement.

https://bee-equipment.co.uk/password

Their accounts are overdue - Y/E November 2023 should have been filed in August - not a good sign but it does not mean they are insolvent or in liquidation. He could just have closed the doors. He took back control from the Hagen lady in March of this year and he's now the only director. I think his marketing emails are largely automated so can't read much into that.

The beekeeping supply business has been tough in the UK in the last few years and whilst Bee Equipment had their problems it's always healthy to have some competition in the market place so it is sad that is an end to Patrick's beekeeping supply business.

Better to keep our comments factual for the time being - all we have at present is the public statement.

https://bee-equipment.co.uk/password
Sticking solely to facts, he's taken my £220.21 on the 11th, and lots of other people's monies too - hoping the publicity statement is honoured but I'm not holding my breath.

If you paid by Credit Card, you have no need to worry about the solvency or otherwise of any supplier. Ditto Paypal - which is excellent and refunds VERY quickly.

I write from personal experience of Paypal.

I'm a fan of this approach. Online discourse is often quick to degrade into pitchforks and burning torches.

Yesterday, had someone on Facebook reply to a post of mine promoting sales of my honey, saying they'd "heard" my business was "a scam".
I politely replied, asking what she meant. She then replied saying she was just repeating what she had heard. Then a couple more chimed in, repeating her claim, before some of my satisfied customers rolled in to support me.

I see some of those types of doom-comments on Stuart Spinks' Facebook post, on this subject . Some even claim that the closure of bee-equipment.co.uk/ is final proof the UK is headed for recession.

Latest posts

Back