BBKA? maybe not!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the swarminess of the carniolan :(

Maybe one solution to the diverse points of view would be to put mikethebee in charge of the BBKA, and tell the BBKA hierarchy that they now have to earn a living by selling bees.

- Old Indian (natural american) proverb - " never judge a man until you have walked twenty moons in his moccasins, and slept with his squaw. "

JC.

JC - You made up the sleeping with his squaw bit, right?!

I could see advantages in the BBKA hot-shots running Mike's business. Should we campaign for that then?

A couple more Native American sayings:

<< If we wonder often, the gift of knowledge will come. >>

<< Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. >>

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.

I like that one Gavin. Another one is "White man he speak with forked tongue"
The indians were right and I dont just mean the BBKA (before I am tagged anti or pro BBKA. I am neither), There are a lot of people and companies out there that tell us what THEY think WE want to hear.

Have you noticed the BBKA forum is stale of post and questions!! a lot of posters have come over recently and deserted the BBKA forum “there argumentive slanging post have came as well on this forum.

Suggestions regarding the BBKA hotshots running Easybee products, they would have to invest big time?

QUESTION did I read somewhere that one of the BBKA committee chairman owned a chemical company, and that shortly after the sale of the company and his retirement? The BBKA received moneys for the sale of the BBKA logo to be used on pesticide bottles safe for honeybees?

Now we have 10 million to invest on finding the threats to honeybees! WHAT FOR just stop the insecticides the BBKA are promoting.
all the best mike

Have you noticed the BBKA forum is stale of post and questions!! a lot of posters have come over recently and deserted the BBKA forum “there argumentive slanging post have came as well on this forum.

Suggestions regarding the BBKA hotshots running Easybee products, they would have to invest big time?

QUESTION did I read somewhere that one of the BBKA committee chairman owned a chemical company, and that shortly after the sale of the company and his retirement? The BBKA received moneys for the sale of the BBKA logo to be used on pesticide bottles safe for honeybees?

Now we have 10 million to invest on finding the threats to honeybees! WHAT FOR just stop the insecticides the BBKA are promoting.
all the best mike

You maybe "a miserable old sod " your words not mine mike, but you sure make a lot of sense in what you say in this post :cheers2:

Hi Mike

I suspect that you're confusing things here. The BBKA chairman owned a skin care company, not an agrochemical company:

http://www.alliancepharma.co.uk/latestnews_137.htm

Yes, the BBKA allow their logo to be used on a few pesticide products from different companies which they believe pose no risk to bees, but if you are implying corruption related to Tim Lovett's links to a 'chemical' company I think that ... to echo some of your words on another forum ... you should be careful what you say.

On that £10m of funding, you are kidding yourself big time if you think that these BBKA-approved pesticides have anything to do with it. The other pesticides not on the BBKA list (those neonicotinoids) may not have much to do with it either.

Higher on the list of reasons for difficulties in the UK are pests and diseases ... and of course poor mating weather has had a lot to do with UK problems in recent years (and in Slovenia this year I understand).

The disruption to beekeepers from the discovery of a notifiable disease is immense. For us hobbyists it can be devastating, but consider the effect on a family business built on beekeeping. I happen to know about one taking place not that far from me now that must be making running the poor guy's business a total nightmare. In this case it is a disease that is rare in Scotland but much more common in S England. I'm not assuming that the disease came directly from the south, but why should we permit risky movements into our area? Maybe some of that £10m could be spent on methods of tracking the origin of outbreaks of disease.

all the best

Gavin

I have just finished reading this thread from the beginning to the end. Logical is it not?

I am a member of BBKA because they do a lot of good work on the education side of beekeeping.
I need to be a member as my ambition is to obtain the NDB, and to achieve this I need to become a BBKA Master Beekeeper. I have only to take my Husbandry exam then that's all BBKA work undertaken.

There is nothing new in all posts by members that has not been heard a thousand times before. The same people shouting the odds but achieving nothing.

We all have our own opinions so for once can we accept others motives and thoughts regarding the BBKA and hope others will reciprocate.

Finally the BBKA is here to stay so we should remember that!

Regards;

Finally the BBKA is here to stay so we should remember that!

Regards;

Nonsense. Like any other self-appointed umbrella organisation it will last as long as the members decide to continue to pay the fees. No longer than that.

JC - You made up the sleeping with his squaw bit, right?!

I could see advantages in the BBKA hot-shots running Mike's business. Should we campaign for that then?

That's the way it was told to me. Maybe the old Indian who told it to me had his own agenda ?

We don't need to campaign. Mikes business is for sale, The BBKA have got lots of money from pesticides, They could just buy it and run it by absorbing it into their organization.

It might be a bit harder getting mikethebee running the BBKA !

JC.

Hi Mike

I suspect that you're confusing things here. The BBKA chairman owned a skin care company, not an agrochemical company:

http://www.alliancepharma.co.uk/latestnews_137.htm

Yes, the BBKA allow their logo to be used on a few pesticide products from different companies which they believe pose no risk to bees, but if you are implying corruption related to Tim Lovett's links to a 'chemical' company I think that ... to echo some of your words on another forum ... you should be careful what you say.

On that £10m of funding, you are kidding yourself big time if you think that these BBKA-approved pesticides have anything to do with it. The other pesticides not on the BBKA list (those neonicotinoids) may not have much to do with it either.

Higher on the list of reasons for difficulties in the UK are pests and diseases ... and of course poor mating weather has had a lot to do with UK problems in recent years (and in Slovenia this year I understand).

The disruption to beekeepers from the discovery of a notifiable disease is immense. For us hobbyists it can be devastating, but consider the effect on a family business built on beekeeping. I happen to know about one taking place not that far from me now that must be making running the poor guy's business a total nightmare. In this case it is a disease that is rare in Scotland but much more common in S England. I'm not assuming that the disease came directly from the south, but why should we permit risky movements into our area? Maybe some of that £10m could be spent on methods of tracking the origin of outbreaks of disease.

all the best

Gavin
Er! Tim Lovett isn't the chairman of the BBKA !(not at the last count).
John Wilkinson

Quot
but if you are implying corruption related to Tim Lovett's links to a 'chemical' company I think that ... to echo some of your words on another forum ... you should be careful what you say.un-qoute

“Don’t imply nowt Read my post no mention Corruption No Names it don’t need nothing added to it ether” all I want to know is it correct

QUESTION did I read somewhere that one of the BBKA committee chairman owned a chemical company, and that shortly after the sale of the company and his retirement? The BBKA received moneys for the sale of the BBKA logo to be used on pesticide bottles safe for honeybees? "smoke and fire"
all the best mike

Latest posts

Back