Badger cull.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know my faith is the truth but i'm not in the habit of choking people with it or stifling other religions. Our teeth should tell us what we can eat especially the teeth between our incisors and premolars.

Genesis 9:3
Everything that lives and moves will be food for you

Thanks for that confirmation,

and just for your information,I was privy in a long and learned discussion with others of your cult on this subject only a few weeks ago (one, studying for his Masters in theology and religion) and they not I pointed out to the less educated of the group that there is little proof of vegetarianism being the only way in the bible, quite the opposite.

you can not preach to the faithless.
And you have ably demonstrated that there is also little point in debating with the witless

Last edited:

Leviticus 11:1-47 ESV /

And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. ..

Romans 14:1-23 ESV / 96 helpful votes

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ..

Acts 10:9-16 ESV / 21 helpful votes

The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners.

http://www.openbible.info/topics/eating_animals

People who quote selectively are not to be trusted..

I recon at least 150 angels can dance on a pin head

I recon at least 150 angels can dance on a pin head

OR turn it up the other way and stick it in this Veggie Troll......

Back to the Badger and Brocko's wondrous omnivorous diet... they eat fluffy bunnie rabbits I am told!

Hope I have not broken any forum :rules::calmdown::calmdown:

Yeghes da

And there is the law of karma what goes around comes around . MEAT = ME- EAT =EAT-ME ,in other words what i eat ,eats me ,,,,so simple really

Back to the Badger and Brocko's wondrous omnivorous diet... they eat fluffy bunnie rabbits I am told!

Only if they've died a peacful natural death in the presence of all their friends and family.
I'll tell you for a fact though - one thing worse than a fox for causing carnage in a hen house - a black and white!

Firstly, the Old Testament pre-dates Christianity, secondly, only fundamentalist people who still believe that the world is flat and was made in 7 days accept that the old Testament is real. Most modern religions are aware that the Old Testament is a bunch of good stories, mostly with a moral, wrapped up in some historical memories - but only containing a few facts.

No one has posted any evidence that the cull has had any impact on TB. I assume there is none. The original BBC report looks like pure rhetoric (which I think we call "spin" nowadays?) from all sides

The Co-Op has sold its land to the Wellcome Trust (an unfortunate by-product of the Co-Op bank scandal)

Producing a unit of energy or protein as meat takes a lot more land than producing the same quantity of energy or protein from plants. Jenkins, I'm sure you know that; blaming vegetarians for the explosion of soya production is shameless

There is some land (e.g. Wales ;-) ) that could not reasonably grow edible crops but can grow cattle and sheep - but only with a level of public subsidy that means many marginal land farmers are effectively living on benefits. Because it is what we have done for a long time, people assume it's the right thing to do, but it is increasingly being questioned

I don't really understand the justification for compensation for slaughtering TB infected cattle out of the public purse. Most industries are expected to cover their own risks and pass on the costs in the price of the product. If meat was more expensive, we would eat less of it and be more healthy

Any discussion of teeth and diet would lead me to worry more about refined sugar (and honey!) than meat. Grinding wheat with your teeth probably would wear your teeth out, but I think most vegetarians still cook

We spend 0.7% of our annual gross domestic product on overseas aid - that 7p of every £10 we produce. Much of that is spent on products or services supplied by British companies. My personal opinion is that that is not over-generous

It's good to see the forum maintaining its usual levels of mid-winter tolerance and harmony. I saw seven living colonies in 7 hives on Friday so I'm feeling better. Happy new year

:cheers2::cheers2:

blaming vegetarians for the explosion of soya production is shameless

And calling all meat eaters murderers is inexcusable and disingenuous to say the least

There is some land (e.g. Wales ;-) ) that could not reasonably grow edible crops but can grow cattle and sheep - but only with a level of public subsidy that means many marginal land farmers are effectively living on benefits. Because it is what we have done for a long time, people assume it's the right thing to do, but it is increasingly being questioned

Probably the same people who would rather all our highlands be converted to English orientated theme parks to further erode the Welsh language :D
I don't really understand the justification for compensation for slaughtering TB infected cattle out of the public purse. ............ If meat was more expensive, we would eat less of it and be more healthy

It was introduced post war (I think) due to the high incidence of TB being contracted via consumption of milk, therefore it is a public health issue - it has more of an impact on dairy farmers than the meat industry so would have more effect on the price of milk - and we can't have the great unwashed paying more for their tesco milk can we!

It's good to see the forum maintaining its usual levels of mid-winter tolerance and harmony.
I think most of the intolerance seems to have emanated from the vegematarian - Harry whateverhisnameis :D

Why people choose to follow works of ancient fiction rather than popping along to their local library and educating themselves on how the universe really works is beyond me. All hail the Spaghetti monster. The only reason the spaghetti monster is rightly acknowledged as ridiculous over other religions is because it isn't as old as the other fairy tales. All religions are equally absurd as the spagetti monster and require the same thought processes and requirements to believe in them. None of them anywhere near resemble the truth.

Last edited:
Why people choose to follow works of ancient fiction rather than popping along to their local library and educating themselves on how the universe really works is beyond me. All hail the Spaghetti monster. The only reason the spaghetti monster is rightly acknowledged as ridiculous over other religions is because it isn't as old as the other fairy tales. All religions are equally absurd as the spagetti monster and require the same thought processes and requirements to believe in them. None of them anywhere near resemble the truth.

Ah yes - the great new religion - atheism

It isn't a religion and it certainly isn't new.

It isn't a religion and it certainly isn't new.

isn't it? - the way that lot rant on with their evangelic and offensive dismissal of other people's beliefs, chanting the same old mantra it has become a religion in itself. That's pretty obvious by some of the offensive tripe you yourself have posted on the subject over the years.

And calling all meat eaters murderers is inexcusable and disingenuous to say the least
Er - just for the record, I don't think I did. I do find it illogical that if I said I was a dog-meat eater, there might be more people who want to call me that

Probably the same people who would rather all our highlands be converted to English orientated theme parks to further erode the Welsh language :D
I'd quite like to see some Welsh (and English) uplands revert to something wilder and more diverse than barren, wet, monotonous, windswept grassland. The loss in food production would be small. The economic gain could be considerable. Don't disparage theme parks - Disney makes a packet - and getting lost in a Welsh wilderness would be some people's idea of fun. We would let the Welsh in too

It was introduced post war (I think) due to the high incidence of TB being contracted via consumption of milk, therefore it is a public health issue - it has more of an impact on dairy farmers than the meat industry so would have more effect on the price of milk - and we can't have the great unwashed paying more for their tesco milk can we!
And the hang-over of the old War Ag still permeates the industry - which is convenient for the large land-owning supporters of the political class. I don't think the "public" in "public health" means the taxation system has to pay for it. Other industries are expected to meet their public health and safety obligations at their own (or their customers') cost

FERA paying for bee inspectors is no less unreasonable

FERA paying for bee inspectors is no less unreasonable

Totally agree... all the 2 hive owners should chip in towards the costs of inspection.

NEXT... compulsory registration ?

Fed up with the Nanny State supporting all these minority cults with huge grants!

Yeghes da

Latest posts

Back