Bad Beekeepers Club book

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how's the 'library' book doing? is it still with johnandyrob??

Just as an aside while the next in line readies themselves - I was lent the book and thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't know how anybody could expect a manual from the blurb, it's plainly a light read. I found it charming and self-deprecating, I think a lovely book.

I'm up for a look too if it needs somewhere to go when whoever has finished it.

Just got back from holiday. Good news is I have finished the book and will get it off to SkiBee (who pm'ed me ages ago for it) as soon as I can get to a post office, bad news is my bad bees (or bad me) swarmed whilst I was away, weather was too bad to check them before I left and I wasn't expecting better weather here than on holiday :(

Thanks very much for kicking it all off PH. My seven your old daughter was so taken with the comments from past readers on the covers that she is going to offer her National Trust bee-keepers book up for loan. Watch out for a new thread as soon as she finds it!

Ed

who's got the book now? is it languishing on some ones bookshelf?

I've got a copy, so no need to be added to the list. I read this book just after reading Guide to Bees and Honey by Ted Hooper. As a newbe I found Hoopers book a bit heavy and overwhelming so Bill's book was quire refreshing and reasuring. It is ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. Thanks Bill.

Tightwads! Buy a copy and let Bill have his 30p or whatever it is!

A good read, obviously not intended as a beekeeping manual, but very entertaining.

Mons Ab - you're just disgruntled because you misread the title (Bad bee keepers club) and bought a copy in haste out of necessity!!!!

so who has the book that was doing the rounds? have they forgotten to pass it on?

I'd like to join/form the queue ...

For the avoidance of doubt, I should make clear that my interest is to tick off the faux pas already made, and make a 'to-do' list of any that have not yet (in my naivety) occurred to me.

And my own woodworking skills? Well, I'm getting very interested in plastic hives...

Latest posts

Back