Attracting swarms - what are the odds?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you understand to be 'best practice' and who told you it was?
Wait until you see eggs before transferring frames from the lure to the regular hive. I've watched enough Youtube videos from Tennessee farmers to know that's best practice

Absolutely. And the thing I have learnt best is that for every youtube video explaining the correct way to do something, there's another that says it's completely wrong :)

James
Indeed, and if I've learned anything from 6 years of beekeeping, it's that anyone who tells you he knows the only way of doing something, is usually wrong.

Absolutely. And the thing I have learnt best is that for every youtube video explaining the correct way to do something, there's another that says it's completely wrong :)

James
And at least 10 that ARE WRONG .....

If you can find a good YouTube channel that you’ve confidence in, you can learn a heck of a lot from their videos. Personally, I like the Black Mountain Honey channel.

Best practice is that you have to move them between locations along a ley-line

But if you deviate 1 metre either side, they all fly off. So be careful and take it slowly!
Two hands holding forked stick, Box of bees under arm. Nicely on ley line. Tripped--box fell and burst open--got well stung--DON'T mention ley lines to me.

My lay lines depend which way the bed faces😴😴

Latest posts

Back