Arson

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cases like this are not unknown and usually another alllotment holder is the culprit or someone living close by the allotments. There will almost certainly be an underlying issue.

Cases like this are not unknown and usually another alllotment holder is the culprit or someone living close by the allotments. There will almost certainly be an underlying issue.

+1

You may well be right.

They were my Bees that were set on fire. I was lay in bed with a bad knee when I heard the news. My Mrs has gone to have a look around as I am not mobile at the moment due to my knee and I feel devastated. How could anyone do that?

15926007054_487fed4d29_c.jpg

That's the side of the remaining polyhive

I can't believe anybody would do something like that.

No matter what sort of personal disagreement they might have with other humans, it's a step in the wrong direction to murder livestock.

On the plus side, although that hive has melted a bit it still looks weathertight so as long as the colony hasn't been too badly damaged by the thinners they should be okay. Fingers crossed for you.

Do you have access to CCTV?

I can't believe anybody would do something like that.

No matter what sort of personal disagreement they might have with other humans, it's a step in the wrong direction to murder livestock.

On the plus side, although that hive has melted a bit it still looks weathertight so as long as the colony hasn't been too badly damaged by the thinners they should be okay. Fingers crossed for you.

Do you have access to CCTV?

Sadly no CCTV. I think that might be on the agenda for the meeting this week though!

I bet you someone in the society will know who the culprit is.
There's a lot to be said for taking someone around the back of a shed and giving him a good going over with a pickaxe handle

15926007054_487fed4d29_c.jpg

That's the side of the remaining polyhive
What kind of an axxxhole would do such a thing!
I doubt thinners poured over and underneath would reduce the oxygen enough inside to kill them. But the side of the hive looks like it got very hot , have you checked to see if the heat penetrated to were the bees are, they may well be okay?
S

There's a lot to be said for taking someone around the back of a shed and giving him a good going over with a pickaxe handle

I would suggest a hint at the next meeting to the effect that "any suggestions as to the identity of the culprit will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and the name of anyone giving it will never be revealed" might yield some results...

I would suggest a hint at the next meeting to the effect that "any suggestions as to the identity of the culprit will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and the name of anyone giving it will never be revealed" might yield some results...

followed by a good old fashioned communal shoeing :D

That hive got off lightly, my other hive is just a heap of ash. I still find it hard to believe that someone would do such a thing.

Alldigging and my better half are sorting things out as I type because I am unable to get about due to having a very painful injury to my knee. Without Alldigging my other hive would have to stay where it is. Thank you Alldigging.

Fingers crossed you get them moved OK.
I still can't believe it!

I would be tempted to wait until the height of summer and pour glyphosate all over his plot.

Last edited:
That is definitely shocking.
I would love to know what drove this person to this and what made them think it was OK!

It's disgusting and shameful that people can resort to such tactics, I had two hives stolen recently and I felt hollow after caring for them and looking forward to the coming summer months when my hard work would be realised. Having hives set fire too is ten times worse. Chin up

I am so sorry, this is terrible. Some lowlife set fire to the bales of straw next to the pig building in which 2000 in pig guilts were being raised. If the wind was in a different direction most would have perished.

Why do these people get such a kick out of these terrible acts. And the police do little, they are too stretched to deal with rural crime.

If it helps I bought a security camera, charger and cables off ebay for £12 to make a hidden camera set up.

Latest posts

Back