Apis Donau Queens....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark6629

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Anyone used Apis Donau for buying Queens?? seem to be decent price for Queens, but can't find any reviews on them....

Cheers,

Mark

They don't come with health certificates, which is a EU legal requirement when shipping bees between EU countries.

Have you had some?

I bought one late in 2018 (October). No others available in UK. The queen arrived quickly and alive, but without any health certificate. I requested one but was told they were unable to provide a health certificate because they weren't allowed to breed/keep Buckfast bees:

Unfortunately, due to our funny authorities nationalism which is totally against the European rules,
in Romania is forbidden to raise other races then Carpatica, so we can't offer official papers.
All our colonies are healthy and checked by the veterinary.

Hi
I’m a member on another web for beekeepers someone asked the same question, here goes the general opinion is once not twice, queens came 5 legs another dead contacted APIs D still waiting on a reply. Buckfast they found to swarm quiet a lot.

:

Unfortunately, due to our funny authorities nationalism which is totally against the European rules,
in Romania is forbidden to raise other races then Carpatica, so we can't offer official papers.

That says enough. People who think they're above the rules in their own country and in the country of destination.

Hi everyone,

Many thanks, think I may give them a miss.........have contacted Exmoor bees to see what their availability is like.....I see Kelds queens have just gone up 25 Euros in the last 48hrs :eek:

I bought one late in 2018 (October). No others available in UK. The queen arrived quickly and alive, but without any health certificate. I requested one but was told they were unable to provide a health certificate because they weren't allowed to breed/keep Buckfast bees:

You should read the NBU guidance here (http://www.nationalbeeunit.com/index.cfm?sectionid=47 ). It is EU/UK law that health certificates accompany the consignment.
You may find that you have broken the law too by not providing a health certificate to the NBU.

Hi everyone,
I see Kelds queens have just gone up 25 Euros in the last 48hrs :eek:

Bit of a hi-jack here but has anyone received their queen this year from him? I ordered in February and emailed him 2 weeks ago but no word of anything?

You may find that you have broken the law too by not providing a health certificate to the NBU.

I know. The onus is on the purchaser to obtain a health certificate from the supplier. Not sure how that is supposed to work if the supplier refuses to cooperate though.

Bit of a hi-jack here but has anyone received their queen this year from him? I ordered in February and emailed him 2 weeks ago but no word of anything?

True to form then;) normally turn up as a surprise. Well worth it though!

From Keld's website: Delivery: mid-June to mid-September.

Latest posts

Back