Apiherb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsbees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I got a packet for late Chrismas present, anyone know if it is all natural? Anyone used it?

Sounds suspiciously like something one might smoke ;)

It's like a sachet of powder so I don't think that is the method.

It's made by chemicals laif who make Apilife var varroa treatment

Ingredients
Dextrose
Cinnamum zeylanicum
Mentha arvensis
Allium sativum
Thymus vulgaris

So that's, dextrose, cinnamon, mint, garlic and thyme! Supposed to sort out nosema.

:biggrinjester: I meant, to smoke - not as, to put into a smoker

Mainly essential oils Matt,which have proven to be effective against nosema.

Mainly essential oils Matt,which have proven to be effective against nosema.

Yes, I've since realised since I found out all of the ingredients, the parents were sold it at a well known supplier when picking some stuff up for me while in the area to save on postage. It seems that another well known supplier has discontinued it which makes me wonder.

It is £8.99 a packet which makes me wonder whether it is worth it as the application is very similar to the thymolated syrup by you I think hivemaker cited in hedgerow pete's video.

Do you think it is worth messing around with the quantities of the essential oils to make our own recipe hivemaker? On the other hand, do you think I am being led into something I am being convinced I need when I don't? :willy_nilly:

do you think I am being led into something I am being convinced I need when I don't? :willy_nilly:

If you have Nosema,or wish to help prevent it, then i can see no problem,many of the nosema treatments in Europe are based on essential oils.

Latest posts

Back