Different cheap vape

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did it come from ?
A different take on the vapouriser which one could call the electric variant of the GasVap.
One expects the only issue may be the 6mm nozzle being blocked by cooling vape chrystals.

Where did it come from ?
A different take on the vapouriser which one could call the electric variant of the GasVap.
One expects the only issue may be the 6mm nozzle being blocked by cooling vape chrystals.
The usual suspect, Ali express.
In the add they say if the pipe becomes blocked, put water in the cup and the steam will clean it?

Well ... it seems it is designed to sublimate - whether it will work better than the existing offerings on the market - who knows ? If you are going to lug a 12v battery around there are cheaper pan type evaporators available.

Well ... it seems it is designed to sublimate - whether it will work better than the existing offerings on the market - who knows ? If you are going to lug a 12v battery around there are cheaper pan type evaporators available.

If it works it has the advantage over the pan type of being able to "inject" it into the hive, just like the gas vap or the more expensive models.
Of course you need a 12v battery, but I have a small lightweight golf trolley battery.
Unless someone who's used one tells me it's rubbish, I think I'll be the guinea pig and order one.

All forum's need guinea pigs to test stuff out, so one will need to order one for the forum's benefit.

Whether a vaping treatment subliminated in to the hive similar to a Gasvap or by a pan , I doubt there is no overall advantage of one over the other. None use pressure to apply and if anything the application vai a thin dia tube/pipe has the propensity to cause a blockage.

I have used both basic types for application and tbh prefer the pan type over the Gasvap type, for me the method of application isn't the abiding criteria but simply having a system that applies a dosage evenly inside the colony . For my application I use a small 600g 12v lithium battery.

Last edited:
My preference is to walk away and be clear of any subliminated substance whilst it is in that form. Time wise for me it matters not if it takes me 5 mins or 10 mins to treat a colony as time has little bearing for me an a hobby beekeeper.

Latest posts

Back