Aggression

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShinySideUp

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
None, ex-beekeeper
My bees have become super aggressive over the last few days and will attack me on sight. I lost a swarm last week and am in the process of re queening so as to calm the aggression ASAP. But I went through the hives today and I'm no longer sure it is the swarmed hive that is the aggressive one and I can't seem to see which one has the problem. I'm quite worried for my neighbours as well as myself now and I'm really not sure what to do. I have put out feelers for an out apiary but even if I find somewhere it's not going to be soon. Is there anything I can do immediately short of extermination.

You need to enclose them if possible. 6 foot netting all round will help. If they can't see you from the hive then it helps! Then you have to decide which is the problem hive. I would block one up early morning, see if the agression stops. If not then the unblocked one is the aggressor.
I would buy in a mated queen for speed.
It is depressing when this happens so all you can do is your best.
Sometimes for no reason they change overnight for good or bad. The thunderous weather won't be helping
Best of luck
E

Is it possible the weather the last few days for you have been "heavy" or and thundery? if so is there a correlation with the behaviour change and the weather you have had?

Just a thought.

PH

Back