Abelo site/DNS likely hacked - steer clear for now

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Problem sorted. Seems to be local to me. But only affected use of the Abelo site.

Clicking on any product link in a category page will redirect to a Rick roll video. Best to steer clear of the site for now in case there's also Zero days or other exploits involved.

Noticed their site has a lot of content bugs and is generally not well put together - illogical product hierarchy, etc. They should get someone in to do a thorough sort out.

Last edited:
Sites fine don’t be such a pansy…….

Reinstalled Chrome, uninstalled all browser extensions, deleted all browser history, reinstalled all latest browser updates, and that fixed it.
Weird thing is, it only affected my use of the Abelo.co.uk website.

Clicking on any product link in a category page will redirect to a Rick roll video. Best to steer clear of the site for now in case there's also Zero days or other exploits involved.

Noticed their site has a lot of content bugs and is generally not well put together - illogical product hierarchy, etc. They should get someone in to do a thorough sort out.
Nope! works okay

Where did you get 'hosted in Poland'? As far as I can ascertain they use http : / / www . fasthosts . co . uk - (had to put spaces in to keep the characters)

Clearing just cache on its own would have probably cleared it.

Malcolm B.

Where did you get 'hosted in Poland'? As far as I can ascertain they use http : / / www . fasthosts . co . uk - (had to put spaces in to keep the characters)

I see the IP address for abelo.co.uk as 185.208.164.46, which is in a netblock belonging to cyberfolks.pl and looks like it is routed into Poland.

Their email does appear to be handled at Fasthosts in the UK though.

James

Well, email is routed to a UK hosting company and I wasn't aware that they sold outside the UK. I did wonder at one point if they were effectively a UK rebrand for someone like Lyson though.

James
Damien sells a lot of Lyson kit. His national poly hive sales volume made it worthwhile having Lyson make up moulding dies to emboss Abelo on the boxes during manufacture.

Latest posts

Back