A level results

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
30+
my daughter's just received her results and has achieved the grades need to study at University. very proud of her.

However, I wanted to send a positive message to anyone, or the parents of anyone, who didn't.
I got 'distracted' long ago whilst taking my A levels and scraped the lowest grades possible. I took a job when I was given the opportunity to attend a local technical college and after 6 years ended up with degree. After redundancy a few years later, I was offered the opportunity to work towards a PhD with a University I had previously been collaborating with through work. Fast forward nearly 30 years and I been involved in both developing and taking life saving medicine to market in what's been a largely positive carrier across the world :)

My point is that whilst it might not seem it at this moment, there are plenty of positive options for anyone not currently able to purse their preferred chosen university option at this time.
Good luck with which ever results you achieved and stay positive

My daughter has been notified by UCAS that she has been accepted at University, she hasn't got her results yet as we are out of the country due to my misfortune, she tried ringing the school but will try again.

Best wishes to everyone going through this today. And congratulations to those who have the outcome they were after.

The BBC is reporting that the percentage of top grades is up, but I'm also hearing via my daughter that quite a few people don't seem to have done very well at all :( I'm not entirely surprised. I suspect there's still something of a "Covid hangover" working its way through the system.

We did the A Level results thing last year and in the end our daughter decided not to take up the place she'd been offered because she wasn't sure the course was really what she wanted any more, reapplied for different universities and was offered a place ages ago. So she'll be off to Cardiff next month. At least it's a fair bit closer than my son, in Lancaster :D

James

I don't think Covid has affected the A-Level syllabus over the last two years. Good news on people doing well. Hopefully they have chosen their degree courses wisely.

In spite of having a BSc and a PhD from long back, I am still convinced that University is not for everybody. Much better to be happy doing something you feel fulfilled in doing, and doing it to the best of your ability which is easier if you enjoy it. Great to hear of the successes on here.

I don't think Covid has affected the A-Level syllabus over the last two years.

Not the syllabus necessarily, but for example my daughter sat her A Levels last year and it was the first time any of her year group had actually sat formal national examinations because their GCSE exams were effectively written off due to Covid. That's a lot of pressure to put on people. Fortunately she did well, but there were students in her year who really struggled to cope with it all.

James

Best wishes to everyone going through this today. And congratulations to those who have the outcome they were after.

The BBC is reporting that the percentage of top grades is up, but I'm also hearing via my daughter that quite a few people don't seem to have done very well at all :( I'm not entirely surprised. I suspect there's still something of a "Covid hangover" working its way through the system.

We did the A Level results thing last year and in the end our daughter decided not to take up the place she'd been offered because she wasn't sure the course was really what she wanted any more, reapplied for different universities and was offered a place ages ago. So she'll be off to Cardiff next month. At least it's a fair bit closer than my son, in Lancaster :D

James
It will be my son's second year at Cardiff, studying computer science. He did all of his course on line and had to sit a test while he had taken a trip to Budapest for 7 days, they sprung the test on the students with very short notice.

Latest posts

Back