2nd Feb Webinar - Murray McGregor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murox

Queen Bee
Reaction score
SBA February Webinar
On Wednesday the 2nd of February we have the pleasure of hosting an evening with Murray McGregor, where he is looking forward to answering your questions on anything and everything to do with beekeeping! Murray is the past Chairman of the Bee Farmers' Association and is also the UK's largest commercial bee farmer, running Denrosa Apiaries.
Questions for Murray are welcome in advance, so please email [email protected]

To register for this fun, free, informative evening please click below
https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2602098039696126989

Thank you for posting. I love watching Murray speak. He's down to earth, honest and pulls no punches. A great speaker
Wow..the jungl;e drums are in action I see.

This one will be a little bit different...will only give a short intro speech about who we are and what we do for those who don't know me already...then its just as the itle suggests...ask me anything relevant. People might never ask the thing they want to know or I might never cover it...so here is the chance to fire away. No bee/honey related questions out of bounds.

SBA February Webinar
On Wednesday the 2nd of February we have the pleasure of hosting an evening with Murray McGregor, where he is looking forward to answering your questions on anything and everything to do with beekeeping! Murray is the past Chairman of the Bee Farmers' Association and is also the UK's largest commercial bee farmer, running Denrosa Apiaries.
Questions for Murray are welcome in advance, so please email [email protected]

To register for this fun, free, informative evening please click below
https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2602098039696126989
:bump:

An evening well-spent.

Imparting knowledge and experience is one thing, but it takes a fair bit of personal skill to engage equally with a broad range of beekeepers (from the John O'Groats beginner without bees to the Hampshire heather beefarmer) and to Murray's credit it's his natural presentation that makes these events so successful.

Last edited:
There were indeed a lot of questions of all shades....but thats no problem.
Folk also got a couple of brief sights of Jolanta too...who some are surprised is a real person and not just a branding.

Good talk last night, enjoyed listening to all the questions. Murray is talking to Yorkshire in March, unfortunately don’t have the means to extend beyond our region at the moment, but hopefully any Yorkshire beekeepers who frequent the forum, will attend and should have received a registration e mail

Attachments

• A0EBCE97-B7BE-4B02-87F7-C7061EA9D531.jpeg
    A0EBCE97-B7BE-4B02-87F7-C7061EA9D531.jpeg
    587 KB · Views: 39
Yes I enjoyed it too. Many thanks for a very interesting and useful evening! - And great to be able to glimpse you Murray & Jolanta even if we can't actually meet you!!

Enjoyed watching the talk last night, really interesting. Please can you explain the set up for the queen right hive with the sliding doors, it sounded a good idea but didn't quite understand how the frames in the bottom box worked. Had you got the queen blocked off with a divider on just 5 frames, was the space in the bottom box empty or frames of hatching brood? thank you

Enjoyed watching the talk last night, really interesting. Please can you explain the set up for the queen right hive with the sliding doors, it sounded a good idea but didn't quite understand how the frames in the bottom box worked. Had you got the queen blocked off with a divider on just 5 frames, was the space in the bottom box empty or frames of hatching brood? thank you
I'm sure Murray will elaborate as he's normally very generous with his time and ideas but I assumed the bottom box has a divider (2x5 frames) and the queen right side had a QE over it. The entrance could either be a sliding door that can be set to either side or on my UFE's I would be tempted to put a door hinged at the back of the porch to divert the foragers one way or the other whilst having whole width of the porch open.

Latest posts

Back