Wheres best to put my hives. Pics of my area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked to me like there was a nice sheltered little corner behind the caravan, far better IMHO than plonking them in the open half way up a hill and building a new shelter for them.

Wisely chosen ,the bottom of the slope could be a frost pocket !
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looked to me like there was a nice sheltered little corner behind the caravan, far better IMHO than plonking them in the open half way up a hill and building a new shelter for them.

:iagree:
How are you going to carry heavy and bulky kit up there? if you increase to five hives you may have ten supers full of honey to move one evening =150kg
Obviously not read and inwardly digested my earlier post re wheelbarrow and/or vehicular access:hairpull::banghead::nono:

Last edited:
How are you going to carry heavy and bulky kit up there? if you increase to five hives you may have ten supers full of honey to move one evening =300kg
Obviously not read and inwardly digested my earlier post re wheelbarrow and/or vehicular access:hairpull::banghead::nono:

300kg, most of it honey. Id be well happy carrying all that to be honest. Im able to get a tractor/car/wheel barrow to where i suggested so have no really worries about moving that amount of suppers. Even if i were to carry them, they dont have to be carried far because the road is only about 20meters away.

That spot caught my eye from the start. It's all a matter of balance - not very often you find a perfect spot

That spot caught my eye from the start. It's all a matter of balance - not very often you find a perfect spot

Can you show exactly where you mean by making the area on the picture

And if you get the bee bug badly you could land up with that field full from top to bottom down the hedge and in the other sites as well, take care it can get addictive.

Latest posts

Back