Container beekeeping.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wouldn’t put bees in a container though, the price of them has doubled since Covid. Unless adequately insulated /ventilated they get very hot and can suffer from a huge amount of condensation.

I really wouldn’t put bees in a container though, the price of them has doubled since Covid. Unless adequately insulated /ventilated they get very hot and can suffer from a huge amount of condensation.
I agree, hence the reason for insulation. Ones I’ve insulated in the past haven’t suffered from condensation.

You don't have to have crane nor " hijab". You just go backward with truck and lift by truck's " air system", disassemble containers " feet", put " hive entrance blocker plank "( one per each row of hives) tighten with straps and go..

You don't have to have crane nor " hijab". You just go backward with truck and lift by truck's " air system", disassemble containers " feet", put " hive entrance blocker plank "( one per each row of hives) tighten with straps and go..
I was referring to a shipping container, Goran. As I said your system is much more sophisticated and ideal for migratory use whereas mine would be fixed.

reason for insulation
Why not use an open top container? No heat wories, no insulation work, bees fly out of the top. Only work would be to make sure the floor could drain water and allow rising cool air.

Latest posts

Back