What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a field of mustard flowering its yellow head off. Question - will the resulting honey have the quick set properties of OSR? there are a variety of other nectar sources around as well of course so it will be mixed anyway. Anybody encountered this before?

There is a field of mustard flowering its yellow head off. Question - will the resulting honey have the quick set properties of OSR? there are a variety of other nectar sources around as well of course so it will be mixed anyway. Anybody encountered this before?
Have seen fields of Mustard in England, however if it is high Glucose Nectar I do not know. My guess would have been probably!

Same family so quick setting.

On holiday for a couple of days in Yorkshire. Anyone know what this is:

Attachments

• 20210717_160557.jpg
    20210717_160557.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 46
On holiday for a couple of days in Yorkshire. Anyone know what this is:
Meadowsweet

Oops, just enlarged the pic.... it's not meadowsweet....
Not sure what it is!!!!!!!!

In the garden Lauren's grapes poppy, Welsh poppy, rambling Rose, borage, oraganio, lavender, salvia, rosebay willow herb, thistles,geramium ( perennial.) Budleigh, black night and white, wild flower area is coming into flower.

1st time my huge lime trees are humming with bees, all types. If I get some lime honey Ross Rounds, there will be no complaints whatsoever 😜

The most popular thing in our garden at the moment is Franchoa Sonchifolia - tolerant of a wide range of conditions and very easy to grow. Would send a photo, but my files are too large.

Balsam is out here, noticed a bee with the balsam stripe at the range Sunday and this evening I had to go to a chapel Deacon's meeting just over the county border and the bank up to GwaunCaeGurwen was plastered in the most impressive balsam blooms I've seen in years

Last edited:
Balsam is out here, noticed a bee with the balsam stripe at the range Sunday and this evening I had to go to a chapel Deacon's meeting just over the county border and the bank up to GwaunCaeGurwen was plastered in the most impressive balsam blooms I've seen in years
I think all of the perennials look good this year, that cold wet spring has made such a difference to them.

Latest posts

Back