What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think all of the perennials look good this year, that cold wet spring has made such a difference to them.
Balsam is annual......ooops JBM beat me to it.
Ive seen bees on it here....but not seen the dots on mine but they sure are busy on something. I have an ex Demaree with two 14x12 broods and five supers. Madness

Ive seen bees on it here....but not seen the dots on mine
I just saw the odd one, thing is, it's far too dry for balsam to yield, and even if it did, there's far better pollen and nectar sources out there

The blackberries and lime are over here, but there's a large patch of thistles just up the road that's being worked hard.

This is the little guys wild flower area they planted with seed on the 25th of May. IMG_20210721_175627.jpgIMG_20210721_175557.jpgwe added some perennials also which are know getting swamped. IMG_20210525_181257.jpgIMG_20210721_175443.jpg
The guys counted 30 honey bees in the garden today and 12 Bumble bees .
Commons Edge apiary is 30 metres away from the garden. IMG_20210721_175518.jpg

Lime is going over fast here. It has been good for about a week but temperatures of around 30 each day plus solid sunshine means they are fading faster than would be normal. (Normal in good years, but not enough of those).

Latest posts

Back