What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Balsam later if you are near burns.
I do not personally get Balsam because hives are on edge of source therefore more attractive forage nearer. Currently getting Clover and Bell Heather with general plentiful Wild Flowers and awaiting Limes to flower, as flow can be amazing now and again. My Bees are not at Findhorn however not too far away.

They have a Facebook group....you don't have to be a member.
They are an Association and like all Groups require Members to pay to keep them going with paying for Heating & Rent for their Winter educational activities In Cawdor. They also buy equipment to lend to Members which is very beneficial if you do not have your own. Thank you for info. As I was not aware they were on Facebook however should have guessed.

My Bees are not at Findhorn however not too far away.
I remember twenty odd years ago I had a summer cottage in the bay and watched the ospreys hunting. Great memories with my then ten year old daughter.

Last edited:
I remember twenty odd years ago I had a summer cottage in the bay and watched the ospreys hunting. Great memories with my then ten year old daughter.

I was there yesterday; high up on the list of my favourite places on Earth. The only trouble is, it's the same for anyone else who visits there; hence house prices.....🚀

I was there yesterday; high up on the list of my favourite places on Earth. The only trouble is, it's the same for anyone else who visits there; hence house prices.....🚀
Yes, I know the property prices have skyrocketed since I was a youngster. £10.00 was the price paid for our house here in 1896, bet that was quite expensive then. Hard to believe!

Hairy vetch
Vetch has been planted at work, fields and fields of it, I have 10 production colonys right on the edge of it and yesterday afternoon the bees are getting loaded with nectar from it
Strange, Howes was very dismissive of vetch, rated it way down the scale and said it seldom gave any kind of surplus nectar crop.

Strange, Howes was very dismissive of vetch, rated it way down the scale and said it seldom gave any kind of surplus nectar crop.
Well I've been walking the fields very regularly and didn't notice untill I was there late last week it was about 7pm in the evening and the bees were flying from the vetch full of nectar.
I didn't think they would work it? the same as the geranium in the garden, it's the first year for me having them forage in the garden on it.
Maybe the vetch being as it's humid and later on in its stage of flowering.

We have a big Sumac tree in our garden and it's just coming into flower now. The bees go absolutely nuts over it every year.

Latest posts

Back